Typhoon Mk.1b Vs Tiger 1 (1/48 Italeri and Skybow) - 26/09/19 - FINISHED and in the Gallery

On 16/09/2019 at 18:07, Robert Stuart said:

Looking good Stix, I'm particularly impressed by the branches on the tree (oak?)

Hi Robert and thank you. Oak!...nah...I'm pretty sure it's made of plastic!! 😜

I must admit I cannot remember which of the trees, I've got, is which. I took them out of the packaging when I got them because the packaging is quite bulky. 

On 16/09/2019 at 18:59, Ozzy said:

Very nice Stix’s, what other materials are you using on the base for the grass effect?

Hi Ozzy and thank you. Most of the grass stuff I use is from the Army Painter tufts ranges although I used some Guagemaster tufts as well.

On 16/09/2019 at 19:33, Lawzer said:

I can’t wait to see this finished! 👍

Thank you. Nor can I but I'm getting a bit nervous about getting finished in time!! :frantic:

On 16/09/2019 at 19:44, giemme said:

Stix, I think you have a great sense for drama and choreography: your dioramas are simply amazing! :worthy: :clap: :clap:

Ciao

Thank you Giorgio but you are too kind! :thumbsup:

On 16/09/2019 at 20:54, modelling minion said:

That base looks fantastic Stix, nice addition with the fence.

The Typhoon looks really good, especially against the sky background.

How many figures are going to add to the base?

This is going to look brilliant when all the parts of the build come together.

Hi Craig and thank you very much. There will be four figures - as can be seen below. There may be, sort of, another if I can figure out how to get the look I'm thinking of.

I do apologise for my lack of time on here recently but everything is a bit hectic at the moment - with work, home and modelling. I do keep browsing on BM when I get chance but I'm not finding time to post stuff very often.

Anyway - over the weekend - I decided I need to get the four figures sorted. They are not finished yet but this is how they looked late on yesterday evening:

48776237801_7e5d887d4b_b.jpg

48776237691_aea7e98ff9_b.jpg

All my modelling time was taken with these - mostly doing the camo!! Yes - I was going a bit dotty with it!!

Comments and suggestions welcome.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 7

48789038348_ce226432ea_b.jpg

Thank you very much @modelling minion @giemme @Ozzy @fatfingers @Hewy and @Corsairfoxfouruncle for your very kind comments and also to everyone who has taken the time to comment in this thread. Big thank you to @Robert Stuart our fantastic host for this fantastic GB. 

I have managed to get it finished in time although it was a bit of a rush towards the end. I knew I had to get it finished before the weekend as I'm not going to have much time on Saturday and Sunday for modelling. Ideally I would have liked to add a few more bits and pieces but it's going to have to do. I have thoroughly enjoyed building this and the gallery photos can be found here.

The RFI for the Typhoon can be found: Here

The RFI for the Tiger 1 can be found: Here

The RFI for the whole scene can be found: Here

Kind regards,

Stix

Edited by PlaStix
  • Like 7

23 hours ago, Hewy said:

Stix your scenes are awsome ,wonderfull 

Thank you very much Glynn.

22 hours ago, Lawzer said:

That is superb! 👍

Thank you Lawzer!

13 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

OMGoodness....that is incredible, love everything about this. The crew jumping off and the hand down the hatch, Typhoon great paint job and the panel lines, WOW!

Thank very much Valkyrie - I am pleased you like it!

13 hours ago, modelling minion said:

This has to be your best diorama yet, and that is saying something!

All the elements work extremely well together, and I really like the rockets which have just blasted through the trees, a great touch.

You are far too kind Craig, thank you.

13 hours ago, modelling minion said:

I can't wait to see what you do next.

So....no pressure then!?

11 hours ago, Robert Stuart said:

That looks great Stix, very goog :)

Thank you very much Robert and thank you very much for hosting this GB. Well done!

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Wow, fantastic scene Stix.

Thank you very much Ozzy!

Thank you very much to everyone who has taken the time to comment, offer advice and supported this build. Everyone's comments mean a lot to me and do mean I try to improve what I do. Thank you again.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 4