Eduard Fw 190A-8 - 6/JG 1

Hi All,

For starters I'm going to build the Eduard Fw 190.  According to the info the aircraft below was flown by Feldwebel Alfred Bindseil who went MIA on June 20th near St. Lo after an engagement with Spitfires.

JJNsIdCIQxdv0gjZkjkDDCNwkJrrCMhHQW78zK0e

ZQk0FqyI7Qa9ekuZQKtcywCHMHhJE5IpjredHJrS

20lbZta7c_qUCfBQ1gfMM2Tkck4OZM86hopZrbmI

NRLGiuDxICiermsYSk1xI1_tY9ES8HHsjvCk53Q0

AMFMgUjM53B30BUIUiELCT-5-n2EBbb2CAQ4FNxl

rzhw8wKjdlaRj11pMT_rYJ6vMWCFA4EnzCPoLHjj

onIQx89Ho_J7jZbnSWiKd1TolqjuESwiGmfGbOXN

CFIpEx9J4mS44IMCBsHUccHU-AIELwzEXLNcWZVp

All being well I'm planning on building several more D-Days kits.

Dave.

• Like 8

Hi Dave. I really like the Fw190s and Eduard's kit looks like it should build into a really nice version! :popcorn:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Hi All,

I've got the fuselage halves together.

xRTD-pIFfYYRdJ1SOtlrnXfg1cwLIo9LIQZTDcjw

QIaZhQ1n7yDdmNVKCMjshXSbK3wjVquCfzExOunW

6p6Zlzur6IhodmUontcryJmN46Lqa64xlRjHYhKI

There's a lot pieces to the engine assembly.  This kit has clearly been designed to be built with all the panels open.  Unfortunately I prefer to have everything buttoned up so it's going to be a pain to get all the panels fitting.

Dave.

• Like 4

That looks like good progress Dave.

6 minutes ago, Dave_R said:

This kit has clearly been designed to be built with all the panels open.  Unfortunately I prefer to have everything buttoned up so it's going to be a pain to get all the panels fitting.

Can you leave some stuff off to get her buttoned up?

• Thanks 1

Just now, Robert Stuart said:

That looks like good progress Dave.

Can you leave some stuff off to get her buttoned up?

I think I'm going to file down the MGs a bit, but you need the whole engine in place for the exhausts and prop to be fitted.

Dave. 

• Like 2

I’ve got this stalled at the engine point too, my first 1/48 build, I thought bigger would be easier...nope, it’s taken me 8 weekends on the built for the engine! I hope you figure it out so I can follow how to do it. I’ve got the cowling ring built completed and on with a big space for the engine and the guns have still be say back on...I was just going to support the engine and push through the exhaust stacks later.

Nice build, it looks good so far..

20 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

I’ve got this stalled at the engine point too, my first 1/48 build, I thought bigger would be easier...nope, it’s taken me 8 weekends on the built for the engine! I hope you figure it out so I can follow how to do it. I’ve got the cowling ring built completed and on with a big space for the engine and the guns have still be say back on...I was just going to support the engine and push through the exhaust stacks later.

Nice build, it looks good so far..

I got the engine on OK - in the end.  I followed the construction sequence exactly as per the instructions.  The first tricky step is putting on the exhausts, very fiddly - but doable.  It took me ages to do, constantly dropping the damn things and having them fall off again and again.  Much patience required.  The next tricky bit is attaching the engine to the fuselage.  Again frustrating but possible.  The only tip I can give is to follow the instructions in sequence.  I don't think adding the exhaust later would work at all.

dOPXO8JtsQ0rE771SZF50EyZ1G_SBN_apkc0zFlq

awyZ8Ml98uT0ISq1MfcRxmgoPzMTdgKTb0SPpg21

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hi All,

Primed and ready for paint.

wrl7ig063uZ-8Rd8_MZAQPzYid_FXYtFsxBuneBV

6qiOfxJkDF1IL0JDOk0zodzNNAFSEE8JpAQwudSK

The painting might be a bit tricky with all that overspray and mottling.  It might take a few goes to get it rightish.

Dave.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Dave_R said:

Primed and ready for paint.

{snip}

The painting might be a bit tricky with all that overspray and mottling.  It might take a few goes to get it rightish.

Good to see it primed Dave, good luck with that mottling

• 1 month later...

Hi All

I've made a bit more progress.  The U/C and the Licht Blau are on.

isaWE9te6uNslQuvHqKNFnG41oqqEB1GwfMz7Zo5

CSArNlTG3kI2c6j71AXVue0oqGLG52WdjgsJIF_a

...and I've done a little panel lining on the right wing.

XarNumf_D8NJOXIHFhIyZT6zeCtmUxFIP6arhFI9

The RLM74/75 camo, and mottling are going to test my feeble airbrushing skills - so a lot of patience and crossed fingers are going to be required next step.

Dave.

• Like 2

You’ve really done well with that camouflage scheme. I found it quite tough to follow but looks bang on. You will know this but I wished id noticed the yellow bar is the length of the red tail band, I just guessed. Good work 

• 2 weeks later...