10.5cm leFH 18 (Sf.) auf Geschützwagen 39H(f) - tracking along

On 19/09/2019 at 13:58, Lawzer said:

You have more patience than me - I don;t do tanks as I would have a total meltdown making individual link tracks!!!

Thanks for reminding me - I don't like gluing tracks either, so I invested in some of these ...

lefh-018.jpg

OT: have Hannants improved their order processing of late?  I've noticed their deliveries are quicker of late - these were ordered Sunday night, using the cheapest shipping, and arrived today (Wednesday).   :)

Other activity - the Geschützwagen now has it's superstructure glued to the chassis, all of which is now painted, and awaiting tracks ...

lefh-020.jpg

There is a story behind that ... this is the second attempt at painting the Geschützwagen.

I tried Panzer Putty for the first time.  The Panzer Putty was fine, but, after stripping away the putty, I didn't like the design on the hull.

I went to respray with a mix of green and flow improver, and noticed that the paint was not covering the area that had been puttied.  A quick dip in warm (with a little soap) water before the paint dried, and I was back to my nasty design.  After allowing all that to dry off, I resprayed, as you see above.

lefh-019.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks @Lawzer

I'm not going to get this finished in time.  So close but ... real life has intervened and I've lost Saturday :(

lefh-021.jpg

This is the track for one side, 96 links (I think) which took about eight to ten hours to get to this stage.  This side still needs another ten or so links, the other side is yet to be started, and both will want painting.

• Like 2

Hi Robert. Looks like you have been making good progress and it will be a shame if you don’t manage to get it finished. Hope you get some time on it and I hope you have a good weekend.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1