Josef Priller's Focke Wulf FW190A-8 (Dragon 1:48)

Oh nooo, yeah hopefully when cemented it will draw all the parts together? What a cockpit, that’s superb, shading outlines, metal chipping and dials. I’d love just once to be able to build a good model. If your cockpit is anything to go by it will be good indeed.

Anzio, wow I hope you enjoy that!! My main subject field is MTO Luftwaffe and particularly SG/4. They were pulled down during the Anzio landings and I have about 40 Fw190s in my stash to build and about 9 books still to read. Plus it’s Italy, lucky boy!! Enjoy!

• Like 2

On 6/13/2019 at 12:34 PM, Robert Stuart said:

Cockpit looks good now painting has started.

Hope you (& Mrs W) can enjoy some Italian sun.

Many thanks. The sun was lovey :smile:

On 6/13/2019 at 12:56 PM, Valkyrie said:

Oh nooo, yeah hopefully when cemented it will draw all the parts together? What a cockpit, that’s superb, shading outlines, metal chipping and dials. I’d love just once to be able to build a good model. If your cockpit is anything to go by it will be good indeed.

Anzio, wow I hope you enjoy that!! My main subject field is MTO Luftwaffe and particularly SG/4. They were pulled down during the Anzio landings and I have about 40 Fw190s in my stash to build and about 9 books still to read. Plus it’s Italy, lucky boy!! Enjoy!

I purchased some round filing sticks just before we left so they'll hopefully be useful for shaping.

Sadly, Anzio never happened :sad: There was so much to see in Rome that we decided to stay in the city on Sunday. Another day maybe!

On 6/13/2019 at 3:41 PM, modelling minion said:

Hope you have a great trip to Italy Nigel, especially the visit to Anzio.

Oh, and the cockpit looks great too :) .

Thanks Craig. Was lovely but as above, we never made Anzio :sad:

On 6/13/2019 at 3:56 PM, Sturmovik said:

Careful with the gaps between the wings and the fuselage, they can be foxed by adding a spreader sprue in front and aft the cockpit.

Hi, Thank you for the heads up; the gap isn't too bad. I've seen worse so I must be lucky with this box :happy:

On 6/17/2019 at 4:22 PM, PlaStix said:

Fantastic progress Nigel! Looks to be another great project in prospect! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Hi Stix, Thank you. It's proving a little challenging but it's all good learning :smile:

• Like 4

On 6/20/2019 at 10:36 PM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Found a good link with Priller info. There's a photo with his 190 with chevrons from May/June 44. He and Rommel are standing on the wing as well. 

https://ww2aircraft.net/forum/threads/josef-pips-priller-and-his-machines.28055/

Dennis

Thank you, Dennis :smile: Some of those images are quite amazing!!

And here are some not-quite-so-amazing images. This is proving a testing build. Not too much filler required but there is a lot of dry fitting, cutting, filing, repeat process - more than a few times!! Anyhow, This is where she's at currently:

48125733922_35ee4095d1_k.jpg

48125733842_6478496cc6_k.jpg

48125647671_78c5f5da89_k.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Nigel. Hope you are well. Just checking if there's been any more progress since the 25th June?

Kind regards,

Stix

Hi Stix, I’m good thanks but my modelling time is non existent at the minute :sad: Work is chewing up so much time lately as is the fact I’m putting a new bathroom into my parents house at weekends. Hope to get back to the bench soon!!

8 hours ago, mick said:

good work on the pit

Many thanks, Mick. Glad you like it :happy:

• 2 months later...

Well, I thought I should post the obvious and say this will unfortunately be a 'Fail'. Time, work and family are still against me but it's all good. Hopefully be able to get back to the bench in the near future and possibly submit this as a KUTA!!

Cheers

Nigel

• Sad 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/29/2019 at 9:09 AM, PlaStix said:

Hi Nigel. Hope you are well. Sorry to hear you are not going to be able to get this finished. I will watch out for it in future. 

Kind regards,

Stix 

All good thanks Stix   :smile:

Just trying to get back to the bench in-between everything else going on at the mo!!

• Like 3