Fiat G-55 Silurante

SlowHand

Good evening classmates,

I'd  like to join this Gb with this 1/48 Flying Machine Italian Stallion

IMG_20190502_213932

Ermes

Edited by SlowHand
  • Like 6

Here the sprue pics of this short run kit.

In the box there are also resin details like cockpit, wheel bay ,extended tail wheel leg,

and photoethched parts (seat belt, radiator and others).

It seems  a great starting point.

IMG_20190502_184631

IMG_20190502_184715

IMG_20190502_184652

• Like 3

welcome along and with something really nice and different!

What's not to like with a Fiat G.55, lovely looking aircraft and in this case in a very different configuration than normal....think someone may have gotten the idea for this one from Focke-Wulf.

Looks to be a nice model and with extra resin bits as well! :wub:

Good luck with the build, and interesting one to follow and one I hope to see in the gallery.

Another rare and interesting subject :thumbsup:

I'm wondering just what effects hanging such a large and heavy lump of death under a relatively small aircraft had on its handling characteristics? :hmmm:

3 minutes ago, Col. said:

Another rare and interesting subject :thumbsup:

I'm wondering just what effects hanging such a large and heavy lump of death under a relatively small aircraft had on its handling characteristics? :hmmm:

Only the prototype flew with a torpedo, but handled ok:ish apparently. It was converted to normal fighter role though.

I’m having doubts they would be so much less vulnerable than a larger torpedo bomber to be worth the smaller torpedo.

• Thanks 1

I don't care.....it's just nice to see one of these being built.....I may just have to get one of these....do they make them in 1/32nd??

• Like 1

2 hours ago, trickyrich said:

I don't care.....it's just nice to see one of these being built.....I may just have to get one of these....do they make them in 1/32nd??

PCM did a G-55 and Cammett Ltd. the conversion parts :) 

Ok, now the problem is to choose the right color,

instruction sheet says nocciola chiaro stains, , but there are only a few black and whithe pics,

many people think that the stains were gray.......

Fiat G55 5 silur

G 55S pianta

Edited by SlowHand
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, SlowHand said:

Ok, now the problem is to choose the right color,

instruction sheet says nocciola chiaro stains, , but there are only a few black and whithe pics,

many people think that the stains were gray.......

Fiat G55 5 silur

G 55S pianta

arrr the world of B&W photos and trying to work out the actual colour....been here far too often!!! There's probably not a wrong answer either.

I guess you would have been to this site, I've used it a few time, really helpful info....thou for the moment the Forum appears to be down.

http://www.stormomagazine.com/index.htm

I see there that there have been a couple of builds for this aircraft, the same 1/48th model and the Pacific Coast 1/32nd beast. Both interestingly have gone for the Grigio Azzurro Chiaro for the base colour. 

http://www.stormomagazine.com/ModelArticles/FIATG55/ChrisBusbridge/G55S/FiatG55S_1a.html

http://www.stormomagazine.com/ModelArticles/FIATG55/PaoloRossiPaccani/FiatG55S/FIATG55S_PRP_1a.html

It does look really nice in this scheme and for my 2 cents worth I'd probably go that way too.

Many thanks Rich,

while I decide what color to choose, I think it's better to start my work.

Here's the cockpit

IMG_20190512_213736

Ermes 

• Like 6

She looks so nice ,

but her dress is not  at all easy to do  , at least for me.

I have already done some tests of which I am not  satisfied.......

I have to practice  more.....

IMG_20190609_221108

• Like 2

That looks quite good. This is very hard to get right. Mine on close inspection looks a bit like that. The trouble is getting. that consistant

soft edge look. I never really achieved it. I wonder if it would be easier for you seen as you have a tighter pattern to spray the main colour over the squiggle colour. 

Good progress and the cockpit looks great :goodjob:  Perhaps going the other way of spraying the blotches over a solid colour will yield a better camouflage effect?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...