Revell 1/144 Boeing B727-100 - LANICA

Hello all,

Finally finished my next airliner, a Boeing B727-100 using Revell's 1/144 Germania boxing 727 that was released a couple of years ago, with LANICA (Líneas Aéreas de Nicaragua) decals by Classic Airlines. A very good set they are too!

The kit was quite nice to build, a step up from what I've started with as all I've really done so far is all over white liners with decals, so having to paint the bottom half aluminium (and make the line straight) so that was a but tricky. The landing wheel doors (I had a thread about this in the 'modern' section on this forum) were a bit fiddly, for some reason they seemed to me to be way too long, I couldn't fit it in without the wheel being in the way so I cut it in half to fit.

Usual filling required in some places but otherwise a nice kit!

You may notice a bit of decal missing on the livery, I know about that and I'm not worried about that it's just too much faff, if you haven't noticed it that's fine 😂

47960241878_b3c7e91854_b.jpg

47960268516_f38f3a3073_b.jpg

47960228652_f836839e47_b.jpg

47960228127_57ac9e3a01_b.jpg

47960239128_92baae3f4e_b.jpg

47960238583_048036b1f5_b.jpg

Thanks for looking!

James.

• Like 15

Nice colourful build of a nice old kit. The Revell 727 may have been around since the 1960s but it still forms the basis of good model and you’ve certainly done it justice.

Thank you for the comments guys :)

Skodadriver - I didn't realise it was the old tooling, not bad for what it is in that case! I didn't sand down the rivets, once the decals are on and the lower half painted they aren't noticeable. Engines and wings clipped in quite nicely, it's just a shame the horizontal stabilizer is one piece, rather than two holes in the tail to glue them in to, it would have been a lot easier when you have a livery where it covers the tail from the bottom right through to the top!

Graeme - Neither had I, picked these up at the Nationals at Telford, thought it would look rather nice when built!

James.