Welsh Models and Proteus kits.

TBC

So I’m looking at purchasing the Welsh Models 1/144 CC-106 Yukon and the Proteus 1/72 CC-109 Cosmopolitan. I’ve never seen kits from these manufacturers, so I’d like to know if anyone here has experience with either of them and what your thoughts are. Thank you.

On 29/05/2019 at 22:57, TBC said:

So I’m looking at purchasing the Welsh Models 1/144 CC-106 Yukon and the Proteus 1/72 CC-109 Cosmopolitan. I’ve never seen kits from these manufacturers, so I’d like to know if anyone here has experience with either of them and what your thoughts are. Thank you.

Proteus is an imprint of Welsh both are top banana.

Tommo.

If you are happy working with vacform/resin kits then they will not be a problem. The resin parts a nicely done, Welsh use a thin plastic for their vacform parts.

I am not a fan of how the cockpit clear parts are moulded in the 1/72 range and the method they would have you install them, its basically an insert that is glued inside the fuselage halves. The result is non-flush windscreen panels

I have built the Welsh 1/72 737 BBJ where I had the windscreen issues. I have the 1/72 P-8 Poseidon s and Convair 440 started, both of which I did not bother with the windscreen inserts and will use decals.