Steve's third -F100 Sabre.****Finished*******

stevej60

1 minute ago, stevehnz said:

I'll watch how you go about it, you're sure to be ahead of me. :D

Thank's Steve,just got a primer coat on which is drying nicely,pleased to say the only gap's it's revealed are along the port wing/fuselage join and that V shaped

join on the tail which I'll fill with a flexi filler so no sanding and loss of panel line's.The horizontal tailplanes are not fixed in place so I can get better access to

the rear fuselage for painting.

20190616_110853

• Like 6

On 01/06/2019 at 17:36, jean said:

Lucky you!!!

I particularly liked the half dozen sticker's on the canopy aft of the pilot's seat Jean advertising various club's and nightspot's along what I assume is the Riviera,

Very French!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

I particularly liked the half dozen sticker's on the canopy aft of the pilot's seat Jean advertising various club's and nightspot's along what I assume is the Riviera,

Very French!

We train our pilots to be in a position to face any unexpected situations! Nothing is left to chance.

You did not happen to copy the numbers by any chance?

Cheers

JR

• Haha 3

Hi Folk's,well got a hour at the bench over this afternoon sprayed my take on the underside blue which dried nicely.

20190616_210807

Now I know it's a bit rough but trust me after the earth and dark green get a second coat it will look better,once done I'll re-visit the blue and tidy up the demarcation

lines.Photos show the fuel tanks in dark green over blue with a wavy demarcation between the two,remember also the large area of rear fuselage that needs painting

various shades of metal.All in all a good couple of day's catch up to the Maryland which I'll get on with this week.

20190616_210747

• Like 11

Yes, I agree that does look very nice Steve and can honestly say that these three tone SEA schemes do freak me out a little!

She's looking like another SteveJ60 winner. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 2

Well as hoped after a second covering of paint  the gloss coat blended the colour's nicely.Base coat of Aluminium brushed on,once all but the sharkmouth

decals are on I have a couple of ideas for weathering the airframe which will include the decal's

20190618_185800

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, nimrod54 said:

Looks brilliant Steve, it's a really nice paint job and as you have the gloss coat has brought it all together. 

Thank's John, another issue (apart from the "burned" effect on the  rear fuselage) I have to address  is that of where the paint which was originally sprayed

over wore off, I'll probably do a fine overspray once it's done.http://f-100.net/pages/f-100d_42130.shtml

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

Thank's John, another issue (apart from the "burned" effect on the  rear fuselage) I have to address  is that of where the paint which was originally sprayed

over wore off, I'll probably do a fine overspray once it's done.http://f-100.net/pages/f-100d_42130.shtml

Thanks for posting the link Steve. That looks to be quite tricky to recreate, the light overspray sounds to be a good solution though.

I have a Italeri boxing of what I think was Esci's 100-F, which I had planned to do as a 'Wild Weasel' aircraft, so I am keen to see how you go about the different metal as well as the scorched paint effects. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, nimrod54 said:

I have a Italeri boxing of what I think was Esci's 100-F, which I had planned to do as a 'Wild Weasel' aircraft, so I am keen to see how you go about the different metal as well as the scorched paint effects. 

John.here's a better shot of the esci kit I did a few months ago a lot easier as these aircraft were not overpainted

DSC01117

• Like 3

Morning folk's this is proving a lot more difficult than the Danish version due to the paint wearing effect needed,I've started by painting different shades of

aluminium then almost dry brushed the camo colours over and wore of with cotton bud's.just put a black wash on and I'll give it a day to dry then buff up

with a soft cloth,the jury's out at the moment but the rest of the airframe needs weathering which should bring it all together.

20190619_115009

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Very effective Steve... looking better with every thread update. 

Cheers.. Dave 

Thank's Dave I'm trying to get this and the Maryland done by July 1st as I have major building work starting which will mean sealing up the loft to keep

the dust out once done I can resume with the Canberra and now the TA152.

Hi Steve,

very tricky to reproduce the burnt effects on the fuselage rear. You did manage a rather good job. Well done.

Do check, but if my memory serves me right, the wheel wells on these camouflaged French F-100s were a dark bottle green. 

Well done!

JR

• Like 1

Morning folk's,I'm going to call the weathering done otherwise I'll be on forever!,lightly misted a coat of sky to give the faded effect after buffing the burnt area with

a soft cloth,then a thin dark wash brushed all over left to dry then again buffed off which left the wash in the recessed lines and as hoped some of the raised detail.

lastly a very dry brush with enamel aluminium.

20190620_114414

• Like 10

Nice finish Steve and I do agree that it's often hard to know when to stop and move the kit along to the next stage. This F-100 is looking superb. 

Cheers.. Dave 

Hi Steve,

this F-100 is looking gooder and gooder by the hour! Now the question burning everybody's lips: Where is the shark mouth?!!!

Great show!

JR

• Like 2

Hi folks,quick photo of that Sharkmouth,I had an early finish from work so an unplanned hour in the loft before dark.yje wheel bays and inner doors

painted too.

20190622_221701

• Like 9