Steve's second build-Canberra.

stevej60

Hi folk's I've decided on three build's,Maryland already posted and second one is the good old Canberra which I built way way back,box art for now.

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 9

It will be good to compare notes as we go along Steve. You can't have too many Canberra's so this will be another great build to watch. 

Cheers and al the best.. Dave 

• Like 2

Hi Steve

I'm tempted to get my own back for the hospital pass I got from you in the Airfix GB, when I have to build a red stripe Hampden.

I was going to suggest something nice and simple like the Frog Emily Flying Boat.

But I have decided to rise above it and behave in a mature and responsible way.

Don't worry normal Service will resume tomorrow ;)

cheers Pat

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Hi Steve

I'm tempted to get my own back for the hospital pass I got from you in the Airfix GB, when I have to build a red stripe Hampden.

I was going to suggest something nice and simple like the Frog Emily Flying Boat.

But I have decided to rise above it and behave in a mature and responsible way.

Don't worry normal Service will resume tomorrow ;)

cheers Pat

Or that Shackleton Pat? It's a very basic kit and to me my example has two miss-sized fuselage halve's,I'm of to the show later if something Frog shape

catches my eye a replacement build may be on the card's!

• Like 2

I bought one of these from C T Gascoigne in Bedford, about 1976. I sprayed it with a generic silver aerosol that slightly etched the plastic, might have been from Woolworths now I think about it. 

Either way it looked good in its South African markings. 

The was a magazine article around the same time where Ray Rimmell grafted the nose from the FROG kit onto the Airfix one along the line of the angled pressure bulkhead behind the cockpit. That would still make an impressive Canberra today. 

John 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Hi Steve

Did you treat yourself to anything at the show ?

Any movement on the kit since I last popped in ?

cheers Pat

Hi Pat.not done anything yet the Sabre is next up then I'll decide on this one.as Dave is detailing his build probably go OOB on her.The show was overun with Frog kit.s but I refrained lol you know there will be a couple more from me!!

• Haha 1

Yea,we're going for it old skool,I was just up in the loft switching thing's of and having a final tidy when I got the box out cut a few part's of and had a look at her.

Dave's got the detailing build going so I thought this one wheel's up with a pilot on the bright green stand supplied! 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

Hi Steve

Whilst I'm delighted that you have brought a B-17 to the GB, I couldn't help but wonder what happened to this one ?

Cheers Pat 

Hi Pat, its on the back burner for now  I'm watching Dave's progress on his but I'd already decided on a wheels up on the stand job on this one so to

be honest I could have her done in a week!

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

Hi Steve

I know you said you were waiting for @Rabbit Leaderto do his, but that's a bit risky as he's 2 timing us with another build and watching the Ashes when he should be sleeping, (Anything to stop him gloating over the score !)

Have you done anything to this one recently  ?

Cheers Pat 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Don’t fret Pat, you’ll get a somewhat complete Frog Canberra by the end of this GB... and Steve’s more than trebled his initial build quota proposals. There’s still plenty of time to two time, watch the Ashes and gloat over scores so all is good. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Hi Folk's I'm happy to say this ones off the starting block's again, having enjoyed the Black widow wheels up build so much I thought

lets give this one a quick build before the GB ends.

20190908_201605

• Like 6

Hi folk's after much sanding and a lot of filler on the wing joints underneath we have a Canberra looking thing,next job is the fitting

of the bomb bay insert which will be more filling if the dry run is anything to go by.

20190916_115834

• Like 8

That’s looking really nice Steve. Good seeing another Canberra on the go, they look pretty mean with the black undersides. (Note to self).. gotta love  a quick build!! 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rabbit Leader said:

That’s looking really nice Steve. Good seeing another Canberra on the go, they look pretty mean with the black undersides. (Note to self).. gotta love  a quick build!! 

Cheers.. Dave 

Cheers Dave,the gray has shown up a lot lighter in the photo,once gloss coated it should darken more and I usually find it blends

the camo edge better,I can't remember the last time I built "in flight"  models until this and the Matchbox GB but I'm building a Red

Arrow hawk I've had for years at the moment too.

• Like 1