Fire Fight

This diorama has gone through many changes. I have now scaled it down to a small diorama which I think will be the final look, I have been working on, changing and adding figures as well as re-working, and detailing them.

The diorama is based during the Libyan conflict. The opposition is holding ground in a nearby compound where they are at a stand-off with government troops, loyal to Khadaffi. I hope you all like this build as well as my figure painting. I think I have improved since my last figure painting job.

fire_fight_redux-vi.jpg

fire_fight_redux_main_photo-vi.jpg

fire_fight_redux_main_photo2-vi.jpg

fire_fight_redux_main_photo3-vi.jpg

fire_fight_redux_main_photo4-vi.jpg

fire_fight_redux2-vi.jpg

fire_fight_redux3-vi.jpg

fire_fight_redux3a-vi.jpg

fire_fight_redux4-vi.jpg

fire_fight_redux5-vi.jpg

fire_fight_redux6-vi.jpg

• Like 12

You're never one to disappoint Tiking.

Great work with some lovely little details as always. Things have been painted to look like they've been made from what they should be made from.  I love the plastic chair - I have one just like it, only it's a lot bigger. The guy's jeans look like they are made from real denim. And the concrete wall, pavement and road look like concrete, and tarmac. And yes, your figures look superb.

The guy with the red T-shirt though - his gun barrel is slightly wonky.

Fantastic, evocative dio..

Rearguards,

Badder

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have to say, you are one of the members who I always check out when they make a post because of the quality of the work and this is no exception. Excellent stuff as always. 

Hi, tiking. 

This is some really, really great work. As a very experienced modeller once told me, if you can paint figures, you can paint anything.

Chris. 

PS: Just one VERY minor constructive criticism.... The fella kneeling with the RPG could use a thin line of filler on his behind. The join between his two leg-sections is a just little bit visible. 

On 6/24/2019 at 10:42 PM, goggsy said:

I have to say, you are one of the members who I always check out when they make a post because of the quality of the work and this is no exception. Excellent stuff as always. 

Thank you kindly. This encourages me greatly. 

On 6/25/2019 at 2:45 PM, spruecutter96 said:

Hi, tiking. 

This is some really, really great work. As a very experienced modeller once told me, if you can paint figures, you can paint anything.

Chris. 

PS: Just one VERY minor constructive criticism.... The fella kneeling with the RPG could use a thin line of filler on his behind. The join between his two leg-sections is a just little bit visible. 

Thank you for that. I thought the seam was OK, as the seams of most pants are visible. Its a little late for that as these figures were done a couple of years ago. I will be more careful on my next figures. Appreciate the constructive criticism. 

Edited by tiking

No problem, my friend. I'm glad you took the advice at the level it was intended. I do see what you mean about most trousers / jeans have a vertical seam running up them at that position and it's a good point. 

Cheers.

Chris. 

Edited by spruecutter96
Adding some info.