Philippines Keystone bomber

JWM

Dear All

Searching for illustration of Choroszy resin model of Keystone bomber I've bumped on interesting two shots of Keystone bomber in Philippines AF:

standard.jpg&key=2251580e1687c9325f8cdf110vffqckgak21.jpg

The presence of two Seversky P-35 suggests that the moment of taking photos is not far from start of war in far east.

Any more info on this type in Philippines AF? Machine is covered with a single (?) dull colour - is it olive srab or any other grren shade?

Maybe more data is know to some BM experts....

Regards

J-W

• Like 2

8 hours ago, JWM said:

The presence of two Seversky P-35 suggests that the moment of taking photos is not far from start of war in far east.

Any more info on this type in Philippines AF? Machine is covered with a single (?) dull colour - is it olive srab or any other grren shade?

Maybe more data is know to some BM experts....

Regards

J-W

Probably the Keystones of the 28th Bombardment Squadron were turned over to the Philippines AF, when they were replaced by Martin B-10s. The overseas US Army squadrons were re-equipped with new types long after the home-based squadrons, so

some of the Keystones didn't finally get replaced until mid-late 30s.  Looks like it is still in original US Army olive drab and yellow colour scheme with just Philippines insignia added, certainly in the LH photo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vildebeest said:

There is a profile in SAM Combat Colours, Pearl Harbour and Beyond, possibly based on these photos, described as dark olive drab 31 and neutral gray.

Paul

Thanks! Are there any numbers/coded in that profile presented? On photos I do not see any individual identification like number for example - but it does not mean, that they are there on invisible, or deeply shadowed parts of machine. For me the photo presents rather camouflaged machine, not yellow/green one.  Please note absence of any overpaintings of US national inignia, and definitely matt appearence (not semi gloss)...

Regards

J-W

• 2 months later...

There are also these guys.

http://corregidor.proboards.com/thread/447/aircraft-philippines-1-december-1941

Also there is this thread with info about the "Bren Gun Carrier" on display in the AFP museum at Camp Aguinaldo in the Philippines. I know it should be universal carrier and someone does mention this later in the thread. Alas, it is a wooden replica.

http://corregidor.proboards.com/thread/473/weapons-sightseeing-batteryboy-exo

Grant

• Like 1