1/48 - Lockheed (C)F-104C/G/J/S-ASA/M & TF-104G/DJ Starfighter by Kinetic - released - new Hypersonic Models F-104B/D conv. set - new CF-104D boxing in 2024

Homebee

Did they ever hint at releasing a helicopter? There's quite an untapped market with no 1/48 Soviet/Russian Hinds, Havocs, Alligators or even Eurocopter Tigers.

An Su-30SM would be great, but there's already quite a competition with the Flanker variants and Kinetic seems to like to release multiple variants of each kit they go for.

Edited by Dudikoff
  • Like 1

Not on FaceBook and probably won't be for this but I will make my guess here with rationale:  they do like to rebox kits with different schemes so it needs to be a plane flown by lots of countries.  They also like Navel Aircraft so then it is navel aircraft flown by lots of countries.  And they also could do large subjects without much difficulty so I am going to guess P2V Neptune.  also as a bonus a variant was used in the Fauklands by Argentina. 1/48 of course.  And I would buy it also.

It's a One-O-Four ! - ref. 48083 - Lockheed F-104G Starfighter - Luftwaffe & Marineflieger

Source: https://www.facebook.com/Kineticmodel/posts/1246408785526230

A JBG-34 fighter-bomber from the last period (lizzard scheme) with the original interceptor ventral double Sidewinder rails system... Looks like the undocumented Kitty Hawk usual box art...   

61537749-1246404692193306-64033486512041

61672660-1246404965526612-77695866429390 61206382-1246404945526614-53888235599487 

61302643-1246404918859950-56365169524290

61365315-1246405422193233-62064421088327

61504850-1246405475526561-31208315262840

61699819-1246405432193232-42505813000768

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

YUPP!!

It won`t be surprising to see some more successors of other venerable Hasegawa kits in the future (incl. Tomcats!).

Only hope that Pucara is still on the list and that the Gina-dreams will come true one day!

• Like 1

So I take it the kit comes with both the Lockheed C-2 seat and the Martin Baker GQ-7 seats?  So can we do about any version of the 104G from this kit? I know there will be slight detail changes but we can do most 104g"s?

On 30/05/2019 at 14:39, Collin said:

Leave the rivets at home KH.

It's Kinetic not KH (Kitty Hawk)...

Already on pre-order at LM - https://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?item_no=KI-K48083

- ref. 48083 - Lockheed F-104G Starfighter  Luftwaffe & Marineflieger

9a4822f.jpg

f17ab4600c338744b07ae6d15f0fd9f9d62aa0bb

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Thomas V. said:

Trying hard to see the reason behind it, from past Kinetic experiences it won't be to Hasegawa standard of surface detail nor overall quality, we'll see...

I would say the reason is financial, they probably worked the case to make it profitable for them. Besides, in this particular case, it will actually be good if it is, as you mention, not the Hasegawa standard of surface detail.

Edited by Silver Seraph

43 minutes ago, Thomas V. said:

Trying hard to see the reason behind it

Perhaps because you're on the demand-side not on the supply-side ? Customer votes with his wallet. He buys the kit or he doesn't, he takes no risk. The kit producer takes the risks, he pays the wages and the contractors, he knows how many kits he's sold to its distributors and at what price (which is far from the retail price).

I wonder if the DACO Starfighter improvement set will be compatible with this new kit. The armements, pods and pylons for sure but for the rest ?

http://www.dacoproducts.com/KDCC4802.php

Do you like Japanese On-O-Four ?

http://nabe3saviation.web.fc2.com/aF1041j.html

http://nabe3saviation.web.fc2.com/aF1042j.html

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, boom175 said:

So I take it the kit comes with both the Lockheed C-2 seat and the Martin Baker GQ-7 seats?  So can we do about any version of the 104G from this kit? I know there will be slight detail changes but we can do most 104g"s?

It will depend on what other features the kit includes.

One that comes to my mind is the engine nozzle: German F-104Gs were updated in the '70s with the longer nozzle as used on the Italian F-104S. All other users retained the original shorter nozzle. Will Kinetic include both nozzles ? And if not, will they only include the long one or the short one ? Of course there are resin nozzles on the market for both variants but it would be nice to have both options.

Another detail: most Gs had wider main wheels and bulged wheel well doors. I'd bet on Kinetic offering these in the box, as they were the most common, but a number of early Gs had the original narrower wheels with non-bulged doors. This detail is less of a problem compared to the nozzle of course.

In general I'm very happy with this announcement. Yes the current Hasegawa kit is still very good, but a new Starfighter is welcome and I expect this to improve on the Hasegawa offering

• Like 2

Well, whatever the surface detail is going to be like, its welcome surely seeing as the Hasegawa kit is not that available.  Also I'm hoping they will do one without the bulged main wheel doors so I can do a couple more RCAF ones from my Belcher decals.

24 minutes ago, Paul J said:

Well, whatever the surface detail is going to be like, its welcome surely seeing as the Hasegawa kit is not that available.  Also I'm hoping they will do one without the bulged main wheel doors so I can do a couple more RCAF ones from my Belcher decals.

Should they not offer an option without bulged doors, there's always the option of sanding down the bulges. Res-kit offers narrow tyres in resin.

1 hour ago, Laurent said:

Perhaps because you're on the demand-side not on the supply-side ? Customer votes with his wallet. He buys the kit or he doesn't, he takes no risk. The kit producer takes the risks, he pays the wages and the contractors, he knows how many kits he's sold to its distributors and at what price (which is far from the retail price).

I'm both, and have right to express my opinion, so please without patronizing.

Lets keep it civil.

1 hour ago, Silver Seraph said:

I would say the reason is financial, they probably worked the case to make it profitable for them. Besides, in this particular case, it will actually be good if it is, as you mention, not the Hasegawa standard of surface detail.

Of course, its Starfighter, its going to sell very well, no doubt about that.

Especially if they issue number of sub types not kitted by Hasegawa.

I'm just bit skeptical about final quality.

• Like 1

Ooo la la!

I have two Hasegawa kits, one with all the CMK greebles. Be good to compare with this when released and I may even have to let one go. Will definitely be bagging one of these. If only AMK and GWH could sort out their 1/48 F-14's and Modelcollect sort out their Big Fin 52D then with all of the other releases this is going to be a very happy model (acquisition) year!

Personally I’m pretty pleased about this one as I love the 104. 

I have a few of the Hasegawa kits and will build them but this new realease is very welcome indeed and hopefully won’t have quite as many rivets as the Hasegawa kit.

James

Edited by franky boy
  • Like 2