1/48 - Lockheed (C)F-104C/G/J/S-ASA/M & TF-104G/DJ Starfighter by Kinetic - released - new Hypersonic Models F-104B/D conv. set - new CF-104D boxing in 2024

Homebee

On 5/16/2020 at 8:46 PM, ABeck said:

From minute 24:30

Zim zala bim! Love it! :clap2: Watching this I was suddenly transpoted right back to 1972 when I was living at RAF Gatow, Berlin. Happy days :yahoo: 

Anyway on more serious matters... Not normally my area of interest but I have now watched a couple of video builds of this kit and I was undecided on buying a Kinetic F-104, but watching that clip just sold it to me. And I know exactly what I want to make - a Bundesluftwaffe TF-104G of Jagdgeschwader 71 (JG 71) Richthofen from Wittmundhafen; that Staffelkapitän / Oberstleutnant was one cool looking dude in his leather jacket!

Now where's the best deal to be had...?

Rich

• Like 1

On 5/16/2020 at 8:46 PM, ABeck said:

From minute 24:30

Great 104 footage. The rest of the program was of its time!

Thanks for posting. 

James

2 hours ago, franky boy said:

Great 104 footage. The rest of the program was of its time!

Thanks for posting. 

James

These four machines flying over in a diamond formation gave me goosebumps. I can't remember the year or place but I attended an airshow with my parents and we had just watched four green painted  Canadian Starfighters taking off in pairs for their German base. And suddenly I was thunder struck. They had just passed over the crowd in the same close formation, completely unannounced and coming from our 7 o'clock at no more than 150 feet high. The blast was so huge that a stroller behind me was turned over .... with a child in. Poor baby, completely unscathed.. thank goodness, but he surely still remembers his first airshow.

Safety rules, you'll ask ... well we were not yet in our brave new 21 st century.

Thanks Franky boy for bringing such a great old memory back.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Lockheed F-104G/J & TF-104G/J Starfighter by Kinetic - F-104G/J, TF-104G & F-104DJ released - Black Dog detailing sets

New Black Dog model (link) dedicated resin detailing sets.

Source: https://www.themodellingnews.com/2020/11/twenty-20-new-products-in-four-scales.html

- ref. A48104 - Lockheed F-104 - Spine 
- ref. A48105 - Lockheed F-104 - Engine 
- ref. A48106 - Lockheed F-104 - Radar + Tail
- ref. A48107 - Lockheed F-104 - Electronics + Canon
- ref. A48108 - Lockheed F-104 - Big set

A48104.jpg

A48105.jpg

A48106.jpg

A48107.jpg

A48108.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 4

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Lockheed F-104G/J & TF-104G/J Starfighter by Kinetic - F-104G/J, TF-104G & F-104DJ released - Heller boxing ?

Heller boxings. 

Glow2B is the new Heller owner and the Kinetic importer in Germany.

- ref. 30520 - Lockheed F-104G Starfighter

- ref. 35520 - Lockheed F-104G Starfighter - starter kit (with paints, glue & brush)

Sources: 

https://www.glow2b.de/view.php?sku=1010355200

https://www.glow2b.de/view.php?sku=1010305200

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Yes, the 63-13269 is definitely a F-104G despite the - vintage - Paul Lengellé (link) artwork displaying a F-104C with the initial Starfighter small vertical fin.

13269.png

Source: http://www.916-starfighter.de/Gallery/gallery_luke001.htm

0322486.jpg

Source: https://www.airhistory.net/photo/309735/63-13269/13269

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 6

6 hours ago, Harry Callahan said:

But why so expensive? ( 49,90€ ) I got mine original from Kinetic for 33,00€.

The decal sheet looks more extensive, a metal pitot tube and an RBF thingy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, cmatthewbacon said:

Really nice Heller box with classic-looking artwork as well...

best,

M.

Yes, great classic box-art! Glow2b seem to know what an asset real art is, especially when compared to the usual (to me: cheap looking) CAD box-designs of most of the other model companies.

• Like 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Lockheed F-104G/J & TF-104G/J Starfighter by Kinetic - F-104G/J, TF-104G & F-104DJ released - Heller boxings
1 hour ago, RHWinter said:

Yes, great classic box-art! Glow2b seem to know what an asset real art is, especially when compared to the usual (to me: cheap looking) CAD box-designs of most of the other model companies.

The box art looks like an old one painted by Lengellé. Nice tribute but I can't help being puzzled by the short chord fin.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, RHWinter said:

Word!

• 1 month later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Lockheed F-104G/J/S & TF-104G/J Starfighter by Kinetic - F-104G/J, TF-104G & F-104DJ released - F-104S variant in 2021

Yessss. Thanks Stephen

- ref. K48093 - Lockheed/Fiat F-104S Starfighter 

https://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?item_no=KI-K48093

I don't wanna be unpleasant but the currently proposed box art (see herebelow) clearly displays a 132° Gruppo /3° Stormo aircraft, a tactical reconnaissance unit that never operated the F-104S variant but the RF-104G. See also in this artwork the R/F-104G single aft fuselage strake. So why the Sparrow missiles that only equipped the F-104S from the interception units?

By the way the F-104S "Spilone" in its pure interceptor sub-variant - or CI for Caccia Intercettore - had not only a distinctive double aft fuselage strake but also no cannon muzzle as the gun was removed to make room for the Sparrow avionics. Also to be noted the F-104S had larger air intakes inspection doors and a different engine nozzle.

Even with the best will in the world you don't transform a top F-104G kit into a F-104S one just providing a pair of Sparrow missiles.

So I don't expect a genuine F-104S kit but instead just a rebox from the G variant with AMI decals.  :hmmm:  

PI000000268578.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 8

Excellent!

I hope it’s a genuine S and not a re packaged G as done by Hasegawa. 

Great box art too. Any idea of a release date yet anyone?

James

• Like 2

On 5/29/2019 at 2:39 PM, Homebee said:

Also my wish. As they did it with the Aviation Art Su-33 V.1.0.

We can also imagine the taken over from the FreMs 1/48th Aermacchi MB-339 kit to fit with the Falklands/Malvinas war a/c serie.

Wait and see.

V.P.

correct this is an G  version not an S  hope kinetic will correct this 

Edited by asgardiano
  • Like 1