1/48 - Lockheed (C)F-104C/G/J/S-ASA/M & TF-104G/DJ Starfighter by Kinetic - released - new Hypersonic Models F-104B/D conv. set - new CF-104D boxing in 2024

Homebee

@azzaob: Having Kinetic releasing a Marineflieger boxing would be great. No argument here. As they are a company that tends to cover different subjects with their base kits I think chances are there. I will help convincing them with buying one of their initial 'G' boxing 😊

I've Eduards Bundesfighter and the K1 set, and the late Luftwaffe camo Starfighter in Kinetics kit is exactly what I was hoping for. 

Edited by Ka-Efka
some more context given
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/31/2019 at 1:51 AM, dragonlanceHR said:

What's wrong with Italeri MB-326? Put in the Neomega pit and it's a beauty.

Look, Lance

In orther to show how wrong the nose in the Esci/Italeri 1/48 Aermacchi MB 326 kit is, did some dirty magic on Photoshop with some piccies I've found.

This is the kit built by phantastic Italian modeller, Valerio D'Amadio.

spacer.png

And this is the real aircraft I turned round so that both noses were the same orientation.

spacer.png

Y'see how off the nose is? :hmmm:Not too difficult to correct, tho. It strikes me as very odd that Valerio hadn't caught up on that, as his model underwent a lot of mods, which are the Vector resin cockpit, resin wingtip tanks and dropped flaps, intake trunks and exhaust.

Cheers,

Unc2

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

I keep revisiting this post. It's 'orrible, Unc, 'orrible. That nose is a serious backfill and sand, sand and sand some more job. I must check if the single-seat is OK, then it's a dunk it into RTV silicone and cast it job.

Cheers,

Vedran

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

One thing I'm curious about and wondering if anyone might be able to enlighten me since I've struggled to find any information on t'interweb is what the difference is between Kinetic 'Gold' kits and their other products? I'm sure I may be wrong but to date I've only found two kits so far that have been launched under the 'Gold' banner, both in 1/48, the F/A-18D ATARS and the aforementioned F-104G. I have the ATARS along with two other of the F/A-18 series but can see no noticeable difference in quality or basic features other than those required by the version in question. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

1 hour ago, Nocoolname said:

One thing I'm curious about and wondering if anyone might be able to enlighten me since I've struggled to find any information on t'interweb is what the difference is between Kinetic 'Gold' kits and their other products? I'm sure I may be wrong but to date I've only found two kits so far that have been launched under the 'Gold' banner, both in 1/48, the F/A-18D ATARS and the aforementioned F-104G. I have the ATARS along with two other of the F/A-18 series but can see no noticeable difference in quality or basic features other than those required by the version in question. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Not so sure but I believe the Gold label was 1st presented with the M-346 kit, depicting an even better mould design/tooling than what they did with their brilliant F/A-18 kits (I am building one currently, an absolute joy).

The Gold label was then extended to new boxing's of the F/A-18 kits and (perhaps ?) future new tools such as this F-104.

I may be wrong though.

3 hours ago, Nocoolname said:

One thing I'm curious about and wondering if anyone might be able to enlighten me since I've struggled to find any information on t'interweb is what the difference is between Kinetic 'Gold' kits and their other products? I'm sure I may be wrong but to date I've only found two kits so far that have been launched under the 'Gold' banner, both in 1/48, the F/A-18D ATARS and the aforementioned F-104G.

You have forgotten the M-346 which happens to be the first true 'Gold' kit. The 'Gold' label is associated to the fact that Kinetic has changed of mould maker which can do crisper surface details and better fit. The F/A-18D ATARS (like the initial F/A-18C boxing) is a hybrid: main parts sprues toolings are by the new mould maker while "small parts sprues" toolings were made by the old mould maker. The F-104 should be the second true 'Gold' kit.

Edited by Laurent
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Harry Callahan said:

Does anyone of you pre ordered the new F-104? If yes, when they will delivering it?

Yes I did pre-order with nothing confirmed yet about delivery. 

Over on ARCforums Mr Raymond Chung stated this   "What I can say as this point : you won’t be disappointed with it. A small delay in tooling workflow create a week of tooling delivery. (a week). All sample  will be despatched to all distributor and online reviewer site before 10 July. Unlike in the past the first hand information will only be synchronised with other region agent as well as LuckyModel.com .Our staff in warehouse is gearing up to face the delivery stress period ahead. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Nocoolname said:

Hmm... looks nice but... was June release? Then July release...? Is this still likely? 

IIRC the reason for delay was mentioned on their FB page (or ARC) . You'd be better placed asking at either of those 2 places as Raymond monitors those 2 places

1 hour ago, Caerbannog said:

The build up kit looks like Hasegawa kit with Daco parts. Quite interesting.

to my eyes the fuselage mid section with its rather complex cross section alterations looks more convincing than the older kit.

On 7/12/2019 at 12:50 PM, Caerbannog said:

The build up kit looks like Hasegawa kit with Daco parts. Quite interesting.

I think you will find the reason for this is that the DACO sets were moulded by Kinetic !. I am in the process of building two Hasegawa kits using the DACO sets and those mainplane sections, tailplane and drop tanks in the photos are identical in structure, breakdown and detail to the parts included in the DACO set. The computer bay is obviously a simplified variant of the 'original' multi-part DACO offering and the number of airframe/weapons options is way fewer but with the Kinetic kit you are, to all intents and purposes, buying a DACO correction set with a new fuselage, undercarriage and cockpit !. It will not stop me buying a few since I love Starfighters and Kinetic do GREAT decal options/sheets. 

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/31/2019 at 9:19 AM, Homebee said:

I'm surprised no-one else has picked this up.....I did when it was first posted but forgot to comment. The undercarriage shot in the advert does not look much like a F-104 main gear !.......more like the Mirage F.1, which Kinetic have promised for next year (I think ?......maybe even this year). 

• Like 1

A bunch of 1/48th Starfighter decals sheets announced by Xtradecals

- ref. X48208 - Lockheed F-104 Starfighter Collection Pt.1

Source: https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/X48208

• Lockheed F-104G Starfighter '32733', '161-25' of Escadron 61, Ala 6, Ejercito del Aire, (Spanish Air Force) based at Torrejon, Spain, 1965-66.
  • Lockheed RF-104G Starfighter '12239/W-FN' of 331 Skvadron, Luftforsvaret, (Norweigan Air Force) based at Bode, Norway, 1964. 
  • Lockheed F-104G Starfighter, 'D-8288' of 322 Squadron, Commando Luchtverdedinging, Koninkijke Luchtmacht, (Royal Netherlands Air Force), based at Leeuwarden, Netherlands, 1970's.
  • Lockheed F-104G Starfighter, '26+65', of Marinefliegergeschwader 1 (MFG 1), Deutsche Marine, (German Navy), based at Schleswig-Jagel, West Germany, 1983.
  • Lockheed F-104S Starfighter, '37-11/MM6795’ of 18 Gruppo/37 Stormo, Aeronautica Militare, (Italian Air Force), based at Trapani/Birgi, Italy, 1996.
  • Lockheed F-104G Starfighter '62-12347/4414' of 8 Squadron, 427th Wing, Zhōnghuá Mnguó Kōngjn (Republic of China Air Force) based at Ching Chuan Kang Air Base, Taiwan, 1970's.
  • Lockheed F-104G Starfighter, '6_164' of Türk Hava Kuvvetleri (Turkish Air Force), based in Turkey, 1980's.

X48208-1.jpg  X48208-4.jpg

X48208-2.jpg  X48208.jpg

- ref. X48209 - Lockheed F-104 Starfighter Collection Pt.2

Source: https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/X48209

• Lockheed F-104G Starfighter '9054/FX90' of 10th Tactical Wing, Force aérienne belge, (Belgian Air Force) based at Kleine-Brogel, Belgium, 1980.
  • Lockheed CF-104 Starfighter, '104770', of the 4th Wing, Canadian Armed Forces, based at CFB Baden-Solellingen, West Germany, 1983.
  • Lockheed F-104G Starfighter, 'R-345' of Esk.723 Flyvevåbnet, (Royal Danish Air Force), based at Aalborg, Denmark, 1980s.
  • Lockheed F-104G Starfighter, 'JA+124', of Jadgeshwader 'Richthofen' (JG 71), Luftwaffe, (German Air Force), based at Wittmund, West Germany, 1965.
  • Lockheed F-104G Starfighter, '6-19' of 154 Gruppo/6 Stormo, Aeronautica Militare, (Italian Air Force), based at Ghedi, Italy, 1966.
  • Lockheed F-104J Starfighter, '56-8672', of 201st Hikotai, 2nd Kokudan, Kōku Jieitai, (Japan Air Self Defence Force), based at Chitose Air Base, Japan, 1970's.
  • Lockheed F-104G Starfighter '802' of NASA, based at Dryden Flight Research Facility, California, USA, 1980's.

X48209.jpg X48209-2.jpg

X48209-3.jpg X48209-4.jpg

- ref. X48210 - Lockheed F-104 Starfighter Collection Pt.3

Source: https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/X48210

• Lockheed F-104G Starfighter '62-12250/4301' of 7 Squadron, 421st Tactical Combined Wing, Zhōnghuá Mnguó Kōngjn (Republic of China Air Force) based at Ching Chuan Kang Air Base, Taiwan, early 1990's.
  • Lockheed F-104G Starfighter, 'D-8331' of 312 Squadron, Commando Luchtverdedinging, Koninkijke Luchtmacht, (Royal Netherlands Air Force), based at Volkel, Netherlands, 1983.
  • Lockheed F-104J Starfighter, '46-8648', of 204th Hikotai, 5th Kokudan, Kōku Jieitai, (Japan Air Self Defence Force), based at Tsuiki Air Base, Japan, late-1970's. 
  • Lockheed F-104S Starfighter, '6-21' of 9 Gruppo/4 Stormo, Aeronautica Militare, (Italian Air Force), based at Grosetto, Italy, 1989.
  • Lockheed F-104G Starfighter '24+54' of Wehrtechnische Dienststelle fur Luftfahrzeuge der Bundeswehr (WTD 61) Luftwaffe (German Air Force) based in West Germany, 1985.
  • Lockheed CF-104 Starfighter, '104733', of 1 Canada Air Group, Canadian Armed Forces, based at CFB Baden-Solellingen, West Germany, 1964.
  • Lockheed RF-104G Starfighter, 'EA+235', of Aufklarungsgeschwader 51 (AG 51), Luftwaffe, (German Air Force), based at Marville, France, 1966.

X48210-3.jpg X48210-4.jpg

X48210.jpg X48210-2.jpg

V.P.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1