Airfix 1:48 Watts propeller Spitfire Mk.I

Finally I got around to take photos of my most recent compeleted model.

I decided to build the model from the 19th Fighter Squadron mainly because I wanted to keep the yellow outlined roundels in my spares box.

BYuOI7H.jpg

jopSn2L.jpg

DLqp9Qn.jpg

1r3IwaB.jpg

0CDJMVg.jpg

IO301SH.jpg

kAWjHvv.jpg

• Like 26

Really nice build, I like what you've on with this. A small pointer for the future, before someone else chips in & nothing to do with modelling, the USAAF probably had a 19th Squadron, the RAF had 19 squadron, not a big deal but important to some on here. :)

Steve.

Edited by stevehnz

6 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

the RAF had 19 squadron

But the colour diagram says the aircraft was assigned to 19th (F) Squadron, did I get it wrong?

Well done Spitfire ! :worthy: ...

3 hours ago, Sturmovik said:

But the colour diagram says the aircraft was assigned to 19th (F) Squadron, did I get it wrong?

The RAF standard is 19 Squadron. I think the standard also goes for the senior service (RN). 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sturmovik said:

No,  looks as though the colour diagram said it wrong, the squadron number is correct, just the way of saming it not quite, RAF & FAA don't have the "th" after the number ie 19 squadron RAF, 899 NAS  (Naval Air Squadron). Sorry mate, I'm delving far deeper into pedantry correctness than I normally bother to. :)

Steve.

Edited by stevehnz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1