Contrail 1/48 Bristol Blenheim Prototype

Finally finished a Contrail vac in time to start a project for the Frog GB, so here is a 1/48 Bristol Blenheim prototype. Like all vacs the kit needs a lot of patience and filler but I was lucky enough to have a spare set of nose glazing and resin interior from a Special Hobby kit. K7033 went through a number of changes before being painted in camouflage and delivered to the RAF, the spinners were soon ditched in favour of easier access for maintenance and was fitted with the standard dorsal turret rather than the trial one on the model.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 42

1 hour ago, P.1127 said:

Excellent job on putting this together, including the NMF!

Thanks for sharing,

P.

53 minutes ago, F-32 said:

A beautiful build

29 minutes ago, Mark Joyce said:

Wonderful build of a vacuform kit.  The NMF especially look great.

Cheers,

Mark

thanks guys, I have to confess the NMF is a can of aluminium spray from Wilkos (discount store to anyone outside the UK), the contrasting panels are achieved by masking and dulling the panel with a Halfords finishing pad.

5 hours ago, bristol boy said:

thanks guys, I have to confess the NMF is a can of aluminium spray from Wilkos (discount store to anyone outside the UK), the contrasting panels are achieved by masking and dulling the panel with a Halfords finishing pad.

Good tip. Was it a branded spray or simply Wilkos stuff? Always useful to know of effective alternatives!

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, P.1127 said:

Good tip. Was it a branded spray or simply Wilkos stuff? Always useful to know of effective alternatives!

Wilkos own brand silver metallic spray paint, used it a few times always gives a convincing polished metal look.