This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  

I picked this old kit up at Croppers in Bridlington a couple of months ago, its always well worth a look if you are in the area. I wanted to do something a bit different to an overall Gloss Sea Blue machine as I have done both a -5 Panther and a -9 Cougar so far this year. so the alternative markings provided fitted the bill.

20190528_090710[1]

I found some photos online of the machine in the decals, 126275 of VU-1 based at China Lake in the late 1950s but these images showed a different tail colour when -75 was used for ejection seat trials so I went with that. The camera windows were plated over, which give it a much sleeker look that the standard photo nose.

20190528_090726[1]

20190528_090742[1]

I'm been trouble with Flickr inserting very small images and losing definition when I enlarge them. I seem to have resolved now.,

Thanks for looking.

Beauty. I've always loved that scheme

Cracking scheme 

A nice twist on a classic scheme, very nice.

Duncan B

Great job on her Andy one of my favourite Monogram kit's,did this scheme a while back,I,m down there week after next so glad Cropper's is still up and running

the shop seemed to be in a decline over the last few year's which is a shame.

Cheers, re Croppers, it has declined but I was in in February and it had  got better. There is also the 'Mighty Lancer' near the harbour where the Marks and Spencer was. Mainly wargames but has a fair few kits.

I love Panthers.  Great job.  I really, really like the engine gray utility scheme.  😀