A little introduction my builds

Hello all,

As I'm a newbie, lets sort out how it works with uploading some of my works over the last couple of years.

I work in different scales, for cars it will 1/8 to 1/16 and 1/12. Planes 1/48 & 1/32, for Armor its 1/35.

I'm from a Citroën family and this Heller kit was in my stash for very long time(almost 15 years I think).

It became part of a diorama dedicated to my Dad. He did a restoration on a DS21 from 1967 on his own as from the moment he was retired at 65 years of age.

Picture shows the Heller 1/16 scale DS19. The utmost horrible kit I ever had to build. I started it, shelved it, forgot about it. 

Full interior of the car is scratch build, engine has a lot of upgrade details, hood is movable with hinges made from brass. 

These were the looks of the DS21 that he bought, in parts, bits and pieces.spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

When I already planned my house and life moving to Thailand, another kit from Heller came to my doorstep(on Christmas Eve and its no joke).

First time I did a commission build for a Belgium guy. He got a 1/8 scale TA15 kit, that was far from complete. Missing the beautiful 6 cilinder engine, roof and some other details.

We decided to make a Barn find out of it.

TA15 Big Six Decapotable. These were custom made cabrio TA15 from the fifties. Scale is a real invitation to scratch build. With no roof, this was the best option.

spacer.png 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Hope you all like it. If you are interested in more pictures, just ask for details. 

Next some planes will be presented, when done, I start my builds on these forums.

Kind regards,

Robert Jan

Edited by Robert Jan Scholte v. Mast
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Can we see the models now that we have seen the full size cars??

Dick

Some of the best work I have ever seen on BM.

Thanks for the compliment. Just to make sure these are models, detail work shows it all I hope.

A lot knowledge on details was given by my brother and a Citroën forum I joined to do this build.

Lots of little parts replaced in brass. Shifter to get the up.

spacer.png 

Dashboard with gear 

spacer.png

Same as first picture, to get the car lifted for maintenance, change tires, etc.  

spacer.png

Wipers

spacer.png

Underside of the bonnet with all detail, including parts to hold it straight(stiffeners)

spacer.png

Black part is isolation for noise reduction

spacer.png

One of the front chairs, pretty worn out.

spacer.png

Hinges for the hood.

spacer.png

But working in 1/8 scale gives more details to focus on, like chairs and the bench of the TA15.

spacer.png

Front chair on chassis mounting. Kit parts, very fragile styrene. Upgrade with brass rods, bolts and scratched mounting plates.

spacer.png

Material is a fabric that is normally used to stiffen collars like in your when to go to office shirts. 

spacer.png

From the bottom side, completely gone

spacer.png

Have a nice evening.

I go for a walk and get some sleep. We had a nice rain tonight, its cooling down at last.

Kind regards,

Robert Jan

Edited by Robert Jan Scholte v. Mast
spelling
  • Like 4

Thank you very much, all of you.

I really did not engage building Aero Planes for a very long time. Ones a campaign came up at Aeroscale and I had to join.

Sequence of building the world wide scenes of air battles I came up with the Nakajima 84. Tremendous kit from Hasegawa in 1/32 scale. with all the aftermarket bits and pieces, in the end it resulted to this. First kit I finished in Thailand.

The Frank represents a plane flown in late war over Burma, Thailand. The weathering was an issue, during evaluation. Late war, no quality paint, it would last for 2 flights, to turn into this. 

spacer.png 

Tail marking represents of a group flown from Taiwan, Pilot unknown. Hand painted.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Another campaign invited me to build a real iconic fighter from WWI. Fokker DR1,  a 1/48 scale kit from Eduard.

spacer.png 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Hope you'll like it. 

See you next time when I go real time building. 

Kind regards,

Robert Jan

• Like 5

Blimey, they are some brilliant builds, you have a real eye for detail and your paint finishes are incredibly realistic.

My neighbour has a wrecked DS19 in his garden that doesn't look as good as that!

• Haha 2