Argentinian bomber: Airfix's Canberra B.Mk.62 B-109

After finishing my Spitfire with the Watts two bladed propeller, I decided to begin my biggest project to date, Airfix's Canberra in 1:48. My goal is to have one MIIIE, a SuE, an A-4, a Canberra and a Harrier for the South Atlantic War (see guys? My interests also go beyond German Luftwaffe).

Spitfire, boxart and decals.

u9ihmeF.jpg

9jRymH4.jpg

ZWUl8Eo.jpg

I made several test fits of the cockpit to the fuselage. The floor of it is warped, making it a bit difficult to place.

av6Oqnk.jpg

The model also needs 100g minimum of weight to keep it from being a tail sitter. Since the only seat visible will be the pilot one, and since the entire cockpit is in matt black, I'll leave the other two seats out, using the remaining space for a 30g weight. The other 90g will be places above the nose gear well.

• Like 2

Progress with the Canberra. The airframe was fully built today. Can't believe it has huge gaps in the underside of thr wings.

The fuselage was a bit warped, but I brute forced it into submission.

B-109 seen here parked next to B-108 and with underwing stores.

cId3zg2.jpg

Wings.

HGZdGmB.jpg

Fuselage with lead weight.

llcmN0p.jpg

Fuselage glued together.

3AUJ4vJ.jpg

Ready to join everything.

vYLyEtb.jpg

One of two 1000lbs bombs I'll glue on the hardpoints.

wr5wAf4.jpg

Fully glued and left to cure overnight. I used epoxy glue so it would cure as hard as possible while retaining a relative strength. I added some shims of sanded sprue to avoid the wings falling down.

a1DBjR1.jpg

Edited by Sturmovik
  • Like 5

EJms3Ka.jpg

Canberra B-109 at Aeroparque in the 90s.

Upper surfaces painted.

nygSFNj.jpg

And my completed models. The shelves on the left are dedicated to aviation books.

OSnZrXy.jpg

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, exdraken said:

NICE!

looking forward to more ;) 

that is a big plane..... in 48th!!

Bigger than my 32nd Fw 190. It also needs a lot of weight.

More progress with the Canberra. I decalled it last night. The decals, locally manufactured by Dukel Hobbies, were of excellent quality didn't need any setting solutions.

Much to my dismay, I found out the camouflage demarcation on the nose had been painted differently by me the other day after decalling the entire nose.

With the landing gear (temporarily) attached.

Xqg3v7n.jpg

Standing on its legs.

WlzUxzx.jpg

Left side:

IzGZxmI.jpg

Right side. You can see the camouflage difference in length between the right and left sides of the nose.

r2goKU2.jpg

• Like 2