Pavla 1/72 Supermarine S.6

Got this S.6B done recently, here's the building link of it. https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235054914-pavla-172-supermarine-s6/

S-6-B-May-13-2019-1.jpg

S-6-B-May-13-2019-2.jpg

Overall a good kit straight from the box. I know there are some who would go crazy and super detail it.

• Like 44

Wow! My hat goes off to anyone who can get a model with that nice a finish out of a Pavla kit!

I've built a couple of Pavla kits and they are definitely a "drive from the rough" to get anything halfway decent out of them.

• Like 1

That's a really cool looking aircraft!

I have one Pavla kit at home (Lysander), so I know their quality standard.

In this regard I'd say this is a most excellent result.

Best greetings from Vienna!

Roman

9 hours ago, TonyW said:

Beautiful.

Do the tressles and trolley come with the kit? They really do make the model come to life.

Tony.

Yep they do, they're resin so you have to paint them. I had to shorten two of them and improve the cut out for the floats.

3 hours ago, 72modeler said:

Wow! That is a very nice S6B- wish I had bought the Pavla kit!

Mike

I haven't seen the other kits of this plane in person so I can't compare. it does seem like a nicely produced model.

3 hours ago, upnorth said:

Wow! My hat goes off to anyone who can get a model with that nice a finish out of a Pavla kit!

I've built a couple of Pavla kits and they are definitely a "drive from the rough" to get anything halfway decent out of them.

Thanks, this is my first Pavla kit, got lucky I guess.

2 hours ago, Roman Schilhart said:

That's a really cool looking aircraft!

I have one Pavla kit at home (Lysander), so I know their quality standard.

In this regard I'd say this is a most excellent result.

Best greetings from Vienna!

Roman

Thanks Roman, was looking for a good Lysander awhile ago but gave up for now.

3 minutes ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

Very smart job there. Never tried a Pavla kit. The results speak for themselves.

Seems like you have to think ahead a bit when building it. Thanks.

1 hour ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

I've built the Hawk 2in 1/48, and have the Marsh Models in 1/32. Anything that requires any form of rigging needs forward planning.

I heard of rigging done after painting and before assembly, but in 1/72 it's quite hard to. Plus all the bodywork wing joints etc. have to be done first. Not the easiest, biplanes are a bit worse.

A really nice model , well done! Lovely clean build and I am really pleased to see that you have correctly painted one of the floats with  a higher blue/silver demarcation at the rear than the other. This is clearly seen on the one in the Science Museum in London and a point that is often missed by modellers. This might encourage me to get on with mine.

1 hour ago, Horatio Gruntfuttock said:

A really nice model , well done! Lovely clean build and I am really pleased to see that you have correctly painted one of the floats with  a higher blue/silver demarcation at the rear than the other. This is clearly seen on the one in the Science Museum in London and a point that is often missed by modellers. This might encourage me to get on with mine.

Wonder why? Painter's masking mistake or because one float housed a greater amount of fuel than the other to counter engine torque and thus rode lower? 

Mike

4 hours ago, 72modeler said:

Wonder why? Painter's masking mistake or because one float housed a greater amount of fuel than the other to counter engine torque and thus rode lower? 

Mike

Got to my WIP thread, there's some explaination there. There is some reason I forget. Something to do with torque I think.

6 hours ago, Horatio Gruntfuttock said:

Thanks. There are pictures of the London one in my WIP thread along with comments from one who actually polishes it.