Special Hobby 1/72nd Sunderland Mk.V!!***FINISHED***

3 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Tony this is looking absolutely lovely, great work fella, I must give the watercolor wash a try at some point myself.  

Keep up the good work

All the best

Chris

Cheers Chris,...... because I brush paint I usually end up re scribing it lightly into the paint,.... to give the watercolour something to grip onto,.....it is tedious,....but hey! 

3 hours ago, woody37 said:

Oh wow, you wouldn’t know it’s fought you, stunning. Think I need to start mine now 😂

Thanks Neil,...... I`ve got an Italeri Mk.I on the go too,..... I must be a masochist eh!! Going for an overall silver pre war finish,..... just deciding on squadrons and whether to go for full colour roundels or red and blue roundels with grey codes,..... we`ll see! 

Cheers

Tony  

• Like 2

Looking superb there Tony. Been looking at getting this kit for ages, I have the Italeri Mk III, but I keep thinking of the poor fitting in various places but you're giving me inspiration!

:goodjob:

Davey.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cees Broere said:

Nah, masochists only build FM Halifaxes😄

LOL,..... so true,..... I think he is too!! 

2 hours ago, DaveyGair said:

Looking superb there Tony. Been looking at getting this kit for ages, I have the Italeri Mk III, but I keep thinking of the poor fitting in various places but you're giving me inspiration!

:goodjob:

Davey.

Thanks Davey,...... if you do get one then I wish you well.

13 hours ago, tonyot said:

Cheers Chris,...... because I brush paint I usually end up re scribing it lightly into the paint,.... to give the watercolour something to grip onto,.....it is tedious,....but hey

I get that Tony, I will try this too and see how I get on . Thanks for the tip fella as what you are doing works very well.

All the best

Chris

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya Folks,..... still tootling along with this one and here is my latest update;

Got some weathering done now including the extensive exhaust streaking and the scum line around the hull;

DSCF8094-NEW.jpg

DSCF8095-NEW.jpg

DSCF8115-NEW.jpg

DSCF8117-NEW.jpg

Cheers

Tony    

• Like 26

36 minutes ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Wow!  She looks sharp.  Almost ready to carry a load of Salt into Berlin!  It's hard to make good bread without salt, after all.

Cheers bud,..... yeah almost there and ready to unload some salt!

Tony

• 3 weeks later...

Back on with the Sunderland,...... got a bit more done today,........

Got the antennae, exhausts and nose turret fitted along with the wing floats and they are currently being rigged,...... still need to finish off some detail painting on the new additions;

DSCF8174-NEW.jpg

DSCF8175-NEW.jpg

DSCF8176-NEW.jpg

DSCF8177-NEW.jpg

DSCF8179-NEW.jpg

Hopefully the next post will show the finished model,

Cheers

Tony

• Like 28

9 hours ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Awesome, totally awesome!  Did the beaching gear come with the kit?

Thanks mate,..... yeah the beaching gear comes with the kit and is pretty nice.

2 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Oh wow Tony what a beauty.  Cracking work fella, hope you are feeling better now.

All the best

Chris

Thanks Chris,....... still struggling to be honest and missing my normal physio due to COVID ,....... but managing small spurts of modelling! I`ll get there eventually LOL!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TonyOD said:

That's stunning. What a beautiful paint job.

Cheers Tony,..... rattle can and brush painted.

• Like 1

Hiya Folks,..... Well its is finished!

DSCF8197-NEW-NEW-NEW.jpg

DSCF8181-NEW-NEW.jpg

DSCF8182-NEW-NEW.jpg

DSCF8184-NEW-NEW.jpg

DSCF8194-NEW-NEW-NEW.jpg

Thanks for all your encouragement along the way and I hope you like the finished model,

Cheers and all the best,

Tony

PS,...Here is the RFI;

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 3

15 minutes ago, jenko said:

Brilliant as ever Tony.👍

Dick

Thanks Dick,..... much appreciated mate.

13 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Blimey she is a real cracker Tony, outstanding work as always.  

Lovely

All the best

Chris

Cheers Chris,..... thanks for the moral support along the way bud.

• Like 1

Amazing, impressive, immaculate imposing, im- going to have to get one! I'm glad now that I didn't crack when the Italeri one came out. I got some spare Italeri sprues from the Wonderland stand at SMW to help me complete my Empire Boat, and the Italeri is miles ahead of the Airfix kit, but the SH kit looks so much better. I still wonder if the Airfix kit doesn't still have them both licked for fit though...

Lots of little touches to admire. In particular, the panel wash is subtle - hard to avoid making it look like a jigsaw on a white finish, but it's just right.

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, perdu said:

What they said Tony, absolute beauty.

Thanks Perdu,.... glad you like it mate.

27 minutes ago, 71chally said:

Stunning work Tony, a real beauty👍

Cheers Chally and thanks for the help and encouragement along the way mate.

11 minutes ago, AdrianMF said:

Amazing, impressive, immaculate imposing, im- going to have to get one! I'm glad now that I didn't crack when the Italeri one came out. I got some spare Italeri sprues from the Wonderland stand at SMW to help me complete my Empire Boat, and the Italeri is miles ahead of the Airfix kit, but the SH kit looks so much better. I still wonder if the Airfix kit doesn't still have them both licked for fit though...

Lots of little touches to admire. In particular, the panel wash is subtle - hard to avoid making it look like a jigsaw on a white finish, but it's just right.

Regards,

Adrian

WOW,... thanks Adrian,... glad you like it. The surface detail of the SH kit is much finer than the Italeri kit but the fit wasn`t as good,.... so swings and roundabouts and all that. I think you are right about the Airfix kit too. 

Cheers

Tony

3 hours ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

She's gorgeous!  Great results for hard work.

Thanks mate,...... much appreciated,...... it certainly pushed my envelope for sure!