1/72 Armourfast Jagdpanther +++COMPLETED+++

BIG X

Howdy Folks - I'm a bit late - but hopefully I can finish this Armourfast Jagdpanther...

IMG-5553.jpg

With a total of 15 parts and very little detail to speak of I think I stand a chance.

BLITZ001.jpg

BLITZ002.jpg

BLITZ003.jpg

The instructions are non existent and there are no decals - but I'll see what I can rustle up in the time allowed.  Actually this diagram has more detail that the chassis itself - but this is supposed to be fun - so let the fun commence - I'm off to 'trim the sprue'.

Catch you in a short while - Steve 

• Like 6

No time for messing a round or 'serious research' here - I've 'got to get weaving' as we say up north....

Sprues trimmed...

BLITZ004.jpg

the problem is this one particular part...

BLITZ005.jpg

I have no idea what it is - or where it goes - it is just a ridged piece of plastic - oh well not to worry eh...  :whistle:

There's no machine gun - but I have time to scratch one with a pin - it only takes a minute or two...

BLITZ006.jpg

BLITZ007.jpg

BLITZ008.jpg

BLITZ012.jpg

That'll do.

• Like 5

More progress - but that's what it's all about in this GB.

I hollowed out the muzzle - well it was the least I could do...

BLITZ009.jpg

A quick dab of glue and it was on with the mantlet...

BLITZ010.jpg

The exhausts were full of seams - but after a quick sanding I slightly hollowed them out too - they don't look too bad...

BLITZ011.jpg

There isn't a lot of detail at the back and I might have a rummage in the spares box to see if I can add something like a rope or a box of some sort...

BLITZ014.jpg

As a little side 'mission' I have been gluing some pennies together...

BLITZ015.jpg

...as the final purpose of this build will hopefully be a 'paperweight'.

More shortly - thanks for looking - Steve

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

Great job on the gun! Lovely stuff

What do you use to cut the needle?

I have an old pair of side cutters that are still very sharp - but a little chipped here and there - they go through pins / needles / wire like a hot knife through butter though.

• Thanks 1

I'm ploughing on...

The little side skirts are on - though there is no mention of them in the diagram instructions...

BLITZ016.jpg

the pennies are in - and they certainly add a ton of weight...

BLITZ017.jpg

This cost me the princely sum of 32p - now hidden away - as I've clamped the top and bottom together...

BLITZ018.jpg

Time for some primer - I'll need to be quiet though as Madame X is fast asleep - SHHH!!!!!!

• Like 2

I had my tea before starting - but it's time for midnight-ish snack...

BLITZ028.jpg

...I know which way @Soeren would vote...

Anyway - the primer is on and curing...

BLITZ019.jpg

BLITZ020.jpg

BLITZ021.jpg

I've also fished out some decals...

BLITZ023.jpg

from this 1/76 Revell kit...

BLITZ022.jpg

...which is a Matchbox re-box.

• Like 3

• BIG X changed the title to Late arrival at the ball - A naive Jagdpanther

Time for bed I think - the dunkelgelb is on...

BLITZ026.jpg

BLITZ027.jpg

The tracks will need painting in the morning - oh and by the way...

BLITZ029.jpg

....the pork pie won - I'll probably be up all night with indigestion :lol:

See you in the morning - Steve

• Like 7

Nice snacks, great idea for the weighting system and just pennies too so relatively inexpensive. I’m enjoying seeing all these sandbraun, sandgelb, gelbbraun colours and this one is a good shade. 

• Thanks 1

Great progress Steve I did a couple of these Armourfast T-34's for a GB a year or two ago nice,Does the Queen know what your doing with the coin of the realm?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

Nice snacks, great idea for the weighting system and just pennies too so relatively inexpensive. I’m enjoying seeing all these sandbraun, sandgelb, gelbbraun colours and this one is a good shade. 

It was a late night - I sat up watching the election results come in - consequently that has led to a late morning.  I have just walloped a couple of red hot mackrel muffins - but in my eagerness I forgot to get a photo.  I'm going for a basic Tri-colour scheme and aim to get going about 1pm - after a nice cup of tea.

1 hour ago, stevej60 said:

Great progress Steve I did a couple of these Armourfast T-34's for a GB a year or two ago nice,Does the Queen know what your doing with the coin of the realm?

Hey Steve - look at this way - if I'm ever short of 32p I know where I can find it ;)  I did a couple of Panzer IV's for the recent GB and this was going in the bin - but I'm actually quite pleased with the way it's going together.  You mentioned your LMS in a another post - would that be the North East Model Centre...

I often find an excuse to visit Chester-le-Street to see a customer or two - just so I can pop in and spend a pleasant hour or so browsing the shelves - it's a great shop. 

• Like 2

OK - Seconds out - Round 2...

BLITZ030.jpg

I quickly pushed the bits together for the 'proof of life' shot.  So this is where I left it last night.  I needed to give the airbrushes a good clean first though - so it was out with the ultrasonic bath - a bargain from Lidl and it certainly brings the dirt out...

BLITZ031.jpg

Next up I had a re-think on the decals and I'm going to some generic PSC decals...

BLITZ032.jpg

The reason for the PSC decals is I am going with this 'rough sprayed' tricolour camo look - that I did on my Panzer IV's - so the decals will look good if they match...

BLITZ034.jpg

...anyway...  on with the fun - first the red brown...

BLITZ035.jpg

...and whilst that was drying - I found a couple of tarps and rope - to dress the sides and back up a little...

BLITZ033.jpg

They haven't painted up too bad - but they will need a black wash later...

BLITZ038.jpg

The tracks also needed painted - which I  did whilst the red brown dried...

BLITZ036.jpg

Finally it was on with the green...

BLITZ037.jpg

A basic scheme and I'm keeping the wheels yellow - a rush job - done 'in the field'.  I've painted the MG and the exhausts in gunmetal and everything has had a gloss coat - prior to some decals and washes.

Anyway - I can't stand round here chatting - time for another brew and then it's back upstairs to see if the varnish has dried.

Catch yer later - Steve

• Like 4

I'm starting to get a bit twitchy - we are at the stage where it's varnish / do something / varnish / do something / varnish - it all eats into the time remaining...

so - decals - followed by varnish...

BLITZ039.jpg

BLITZ040.jpg

BLITZ041.jpg

BLITZ042.jpg

Then a bit of washing - to be varnished when dry...

BLITZ043.jpg

BLITZ044.jpg

BLITZ045.jpg

Back in a bit - Steve

• Like 3

She's looking the Biz Steve great progress,yes that's my LMS so you'll appreciate how lucky it is to have it on the doorstep I'm in between it and Chester-le-Street.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

She's looking the Biz Steve great progress,yes that's my LMS so you'll appreciate how lucky it is to have it on the doorstep I'm in between it and Chester-le-Street.

Wow that is close - as a side note - the young lady there is very polite and professional - most refreshing in retail these days - TOP SHOP.

• Like 1

ooooh the last coat of gloss isn't drying :doh:it's on the radiator as we speak - tick tick tick....

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, BIG X said:

ooooh the last coat of gloss isn't drying :doh:it's on the radiator as we speak - tick tick tick....

Sounds like me yesterday - had my daughter's hair dryer going all day. Almost there!

• Like 1

OK - it's getting a bit late in the day - so I'm calling this almost done.  The final matt coat is on - it still looks a bit glossy - but the radiator is on full blast in the man cave - so it should matt down in the next hour or so - just in time for a couple of pictures - before the gallery closes.

BLITZ046.jpg

BLITZ047.jpg

Having never done the famous BLITZBUILD before and considering my recent trend of failure after failure - I'm just pleased I have finished something.

Well done to everyone else too - there are some cracking finished builds in the gallery - a great bit of bank holiday fun.

Thanks for looking in - Steve

• Like 2

ARRGGGHHHHH!!!!!!

I've just pushed the tracks back on and the whole thing has exploded in my hands.

I'm busy trying to glue it back together - but I think it's a write off.  It's never happened to me before, but I know it's happened to others - 'right at the death' - BEGGAR!!!!!!

• Sad 2

With just about 15 minutes to spare I managed to glue it all back together - touch up some damage and re-varnish with a matt coat - phew - and this is supposed to be fun :lol: 

I've popped it in the gallery - but here are couple of extra shots...

BLITZ056.jpg

BLITZ057.jpg

BLITZ059.jpg

BLITZ060.jpg

OK - I've really finished this time...

Thanks for looking in and the words of encouragement - it's been a blast - BIG X

• Like 3

• BIG X changed the title to 1/72 Jagdpanther +++COMPLETED+++

Thumbs up from me - there is no point finishing too early is there - no fun in that!

Re. the pork pies - were they accompanied by a nice bit of Coleman's Mustard?

• Haha 1