Vietnam CSAR - Lockheed HC-130P "Combat King" and Sikorsky HH-3E "Jolly Green Giant" in 1/72

I finished it, but typically, it stopped working whilst videoing it for the RFI. The fault has to be the carbon fibre rod supporting the C-130 or the positive wiring inside, so I can either fix it after checking the C-130 with another battery pack straight onto its connections in the belly, or it's permanently disabled because smashing up the plane to get to the wiring isn't on the cards obviously because I lack all the time in the world to make models twice :lol:

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

This dio is so amazing, watched your progress for some time and your craftmanschip was fantastic. Only thing that would make it even better would be the engine sound from the Herc and the heli, but I know that this is difficult to do.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, _alfisti_ said:

This dio is so amazing, watched your progress for some time and your craftmanschip was fantastic. Only thing that would make it even better would be the engine sound from the Herc and the heli, but I know that this is difficult to do.

Thank you so much. You know I was thinking about sound and wondering how it might be possible. I don't have an answer yet but the Sikorsky S-61 family makes such a distinctive sound that I'd love to do this.

Happily I've just checked the plane out with another battery pack jumped straight onto its connections in the belly and it's not the plane that's broken, it's the carbon fibre rod it sits on which isn't conducting any more. Not sure why, but I'm relieved it's fixable!

• Like 3

• 4 months later...
On 5/27/2019 at 8:49 AM, Jamie @ Sovereign Hobbies said:

And a couple more of the pair together I found :)

ch-3-DF-ST-82-07960.jpg

ch-3-DF-ST-82-07983.jpg

Hi Jamie,

I stumbled upon your build as I was researching HC-130H/Ps myself, but I must say what a cool diorama you made! Very cool with those electrics inside to make it like flying!

I hope you don't mind asking a question. As I'm looking to identify the serial number of the HC-130P in the above two pictures. Do you maybe have a clue? Or where the pictures were taken? I love the fact that it has one engine still in the light grey paint scheme and hope to find some more info on it and hopefully on its camo pattern.

Thanks in advance!