F274 I've been looking for a "Renzan" to build this 🤢 +++FINISHED+++

JOCKNEY

Hi Pat,

you should not have any tail sitting problems, as you still have to add four engines (!!!) that will reach well forward of the main landing gear.

Sue me if it looks at the sky when all has been glued and painted!!!!!

Have fun

JR

Edited by jean
  • Haha 2

First of all an attempt to show you where the lead has gone and how I aim to keep it in position

IMG_4585

This shows the end of some of the lead pieces tucked under the cockpit floor.

To keep them in place I made a plastic cover to glue inside the fuselage, the green is the cardboard template the black is the plastic part during trimming

IMG_4587

Time to try the paint colour I've chosen, well it's not going to hard to find that's for certain !

IMG_4588

So in keeping with the classic kits I've used some classic paint

IMG_4589

Its going to need a second coat, at least !

cheers Pat

• Like 9

That’s pretty good coverage for one coat over that Dark Green plastic Pat. This will look great in a rich solid layer of orange paint so keep at it cause it’ll be a standout in the modelling cabinet! 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 2

More like a second pot of paint if it's like the Shackelton! Hope you can still get that shade - if not the "Orange Lining" from the railway range may do.

Looking good Pat.

Cheers

Pete

Edited by PeterB
  • Like 1

Hi Pat,

ditto re the color. It looks just right!

Now did you use a paint brush or a state of the art machine spitting out paint?

If it is an honest to goodness hairy stick, well, congratulations! Especially with acrylics.

And you are either very brave or very foolish if you applied orange on dark green without a base coat of white!!!

Great show!

JR

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, jean said:

Hi Pat,

ditto re the color. It looks just right!

Now did you use a paint brush or a state of the art machine spitting out paint?

If it is an honest to goodness hairy stick, well, congratulations! Especially with acrylics.

And you are either very brave or very foolish if you applied orange on dark green without a base coat of white!!!

Great show!

JR

Hi JR

It was hairy stick and orange straight on dark green, ignorance is bliss, rather than bravery I can assure you !

I will try and get a second coat on tonight, then some serious masking required for the clear parts.

cheers Pat

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, PeterB said:

One advantage of Humbol Acrylics being fairly thick I guess

Hence the nightmare to use them for the poor souls who are not bathing in a sea of blissful ignorance... Follow my gaze,

Cheers

JR

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 12/09/2019 at 20:05, JOCKNEY said:

Yes I've taken a note of all those who landed me in this, there shall be a day of reckoning ! :fight:

Your Renzan is looking good and coming  along nicely, (just remember I voted for the Avenger) It looks alot like my Emily flying boat which was my first idea for this GB, but after looking at the rivets on that dark green plastic .... but it was the clear parts that really made put it back, canopy frames on the inside??? and great big sink marks on the turret glass.  But a part of me still regrets not having a go.  2 weeks to get them finished on Sunday. :frantic:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Retired Bob said:

Your Renzan is looking good and coming  along nicely, (just remember I voted for the Avenger) It looks alot like my Emily flying boat which was my first idea for this GB, but after looking at the rivets on that dark green plastic .... but it was the clear parts that really made put it back, canopy frames on the inside??? and great big sink marks on the turret glass.  But a part of me still regrets not having a go.  2 weeks to get them finished on Sunday. :frantic:

Did you say Emily?

Oh dear... Do not let Pat see this!!!

JR

• Haha 3

Time for an update 

I popped a second coat of orange on and it's a bit thick in places, if I'm honest so I'm not sure if a wet paintbrush will thin it out a bit ? All 4 engines fitted, and I've started the dreaded job of masking the clear parts

IMG_4591

IMG_4592

I really need to try and finish this over the weekend, so I will be back tomorrow to hopefully report further progress

cheers Pat

• Like 9

Hi Olten,

A few available from Japan for £100+ on auction sites but as you say rare and expensive. Likewise the Emily although not quite as expensive.

Pete

Edited by PeterB
  • Like 2

This is shaping up nicely Pat and all those browns and oranges look good together... who says those 70’s household colours are dated? I’m impressed by the shear presence of this kit and your making a cracking job bringing her to life. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

That's looking extremely good Pat, a couple of red meatballs and she'll be all done. 

For some reason, looking at this kit has made be feel like eating pumpkin soup! 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

For some reason, looking at this kit has made be feel like eating pumpkin soup! 

For me the memory is of the bathroom of my first married quarter, that's right a bright orange bathroom, just imagine going into that first thing in the morning. :hypnotised:  It didn't last long in that colour, I painted it out in a neutral oatmeal colour,  mmm Hob-Nobs. :)

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

I'm rapidly running out of tape...and patience

I'm not surprised!

Just a shame we can't see...

On 9/13/2019 at 6:58 PM, jean said:

your flight crew sitting in front of their scrambled egg and ketchup breakfast!!!

But it's looking absolutely great Pat! Well done.

• Like 3