F274 I've been looking for a "Renzan" to build this 🤢 +++FINISHED+++

JOCKNEY

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/10/2019 at 00:41, PeterB said:

Hi Pat,

Excellent work. The Hinomaru are as you say a bit strange. Japanese colours and markings are of course a highly contentious subject, but for what it is worth, my understanding in that JNAF instructions when the solid green uppersurafaces came in to use in 1943 were that a thin white rings should be painted around the Hinomaru on the upper surfaces of the wing and the fuselage side, but not underneath where the paint was either light grey or NMF. The position with aircraft painted in trainer orange is less clear - certainly some seem to have had the white ring on all 6 Hinomaru, but others seem to have had plain Hinomaru all over or perhaps only white rings on the top and sides.  Incidentally, Scalemates have a couple of builds and a view of more recent Hasegawa box art, all of which show upper wing and fuselage side with white rings and unders without if that is any help.

Easy enough to get replacements if needed - I probably have some spares, depending on the size, and there are several sheets commercially available.

Have a good break.

Pete

Thanks very much Pete

I also have a Betty which I have always meant to get round to building. Just need to find the right GB to include it in now

Cheers Pat

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

I also have a Betty which I have always meant to get round to building. Just need to find the right GB to include it in now

Cheers Pat

Surely, we;re not going around again are we?? 

• Haha 2