Brengun 1/72 16KhA Priboy

'Morning.

Priboy 1130

I went to bed thoroughly down on my prospects of finishing. 6 hours of sleep, bowl of grapefruit and cup of coffee have restored tissues and optimism.

I need to get the trolley together which will let me see where I can hold the drone to paint it. Then finish off and get painting. Do-able-ish, I think. I wish I had gone for the 2 x 12 option, of course. I also wish I had gone for JB's double sausage McMuffin breakfast option. If I had had that yesterday I'd probably have finished by now...

Alan

• Like 3

I won't be giving in but I might still run out of time. So, I'll just keep going. Here is the cradle/trolley:

Priboy 1530

One of the cross bars in the kit broke in clean-up and I've replaced them with these evergreen strips. Here's the drone on the trolley:

Priboy 1531

Now for attention to the joins and panel lines and get the tail on.

Alan

• Like 1

There is a panel line under the wing joints that is holding this up.

Sainsbury's Lentil Dhal, Hovis and an onion:

Priboy 1800

Onwards!

Alan

• Like 3

Well, I'm failing! This is as far as I've got:

Priboy 2300

You could be forgiven for saying that it looks exactly the same as at the last update but there has been a lot of sanding, filling and re-etching. Oh, and I nodded off for a bit.

I'm really disappointed not to complete. I think my choice of model has been bad: its more limited-run than I allowed for, and I didn't prepare properly, and I should have done 2 x 12. I'll keep going with it with a new deadline of the Northern Show in Newcastle next weekend. I should have stuck with plan A:

Priboy 2301 Priboy 2302

I'm very glad then that there are now 2 blitzbuilds and I'm looking forward to August already.

Alan

• Sad 1