Grumman A6A Intruder (F272) +++Finally finished ++

Redstaff

Yes that is looking good and I’m hoping that by now that decal setting solution has done its stuff properly and everything looks great. I must admit, I always panic when I see images or scenes like that on my own builds, I’m tempted to walk away and start praying, only to return seconds later to see if anything has changed! 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Haha 1

Finally I can put this one to bed and call it finished.

The decals pulled down and got rid of the wrinkles eventually, but I decided against putting a clear coat on as I didn't know how they would react. The eagle eyed will think they can see blutac under the front wheels and think that I've forgotten to put nose weight in, but I couldn't possibly own up to that ;)

Not my best model, but it's another to add to the GB tally :) 

Hopefully more free time will be delivered soon as I've had it on order for ages, then I can get some modelling done

20191007_144238_001_resized 20191007_144537_001_resized

• Like 9

• Redstaff changed the title to Grumman A6A Intruder (F272) +++Finally finished ++

Hi Bob,

Came out looking good. There are a few reviews which nit pick about accuracy, mostly about engine intakes and the "old" airbrakes as I recall - the original fuselage ones were changed for ones at the wingtip, and only early production models still had them as I understand it, albeit non working and sealed up.. The canopy design with a seam down the middle is a pain but I guess that the state of the art at the time meant it was the best they could do. Frog had the same problem with the Me 410 cockpit but offset it to one side so it corresponded to one of the frames,  but the A6 did not have a convenient frame to hide it..

Having seen yours I guess I must make a start on the 3 in my stash, and perhaps refurbish my ancient A6-A.

Cheers

Pete

• Thanks 1

That's a nice clean build, well done. I especially like the picture of the model on it's box, it looks very in period and very colourful to boot. That's not an easy thing to achieve with a grey plane!

Tony.

Edited by TonyW
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the comments :) 

The canopy was a complete pain and I couldn't hide it, so I thought, it is what it is for a 40 odd year old kit

Love the shape of the Intruder though, might make a 48th scale one at some point

@PeterB who's Bob, by the way? 😉

Ian :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi Ian

Assuming one of us gets your name right....

Wonderful job on this one. Many people have this kit but yours is the first one I've seen built and it looks the business.

Please pop some photos in the gallery, delighted to see another different Frog kit completed.

Cheers Pat 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well done Ian, your A-6 has turned out wonderfully well and makes a great addition to the Hasegawa connection of this Frog GB. Will look forward to seeing her photographed again and in the gallery.

Cheers and thanks for taking part.. Dave 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1