Dingo Scout Car ***FINISHED***

Foxbat

Per my entry in chat, I'll be joining in with this little fella. Not the most complicated build, and only needs 2 colours so I may even finish.

Everything laid out ready to go, I'll actually make a start about tea time. No interesting food (yet) but it's all being done on the kitchen bench so anything could happen :)

spacer.png

Andy

Edited by Foxbat
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

Good time piece too

Says the man with the Omega. I may have to substitute it as I now have watch envy :)

Andy

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Made a cardinal error and didn't photograph the clock as I kicked off. Hope that doesn't disqualify me?

In the meantime, first two parts cut at joined at 5:04 from a 5pm start.

spacer.png

The bottom half of the body clips on like so:

spacer.png

Then the top half presses into place. Closed roof only, although I'm sure there must be half of BM thinking "I'd open that up, loads you could do in there"

spacer.png

Wheels on next. I was reading last night that the Dingo had no provision for a spare wheel because it used run flat tyres.

spacer.png

Add the box bit at the front, and that's construction complete. Note that while doing it, I snipped the remnants  of the Bren gun off as it had been bashed and bent almost to oblivion. 

spacer.png

20 minutes gone, time for a cuppa then on to painting and decalling. Not sure 23 more hours will be enough given the number of washes and dry brushing coats I normally use, but we'll see.

Andy

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Eight o'clock and it's got some paint on.  Going to leave it there for now so the paint fully cures then I can go to town with weathering and whatnot.

spacer.png

In the meantime I'm going to let the Chicken Arabiatta and a large mead that constituted tea settle.

Andy

Replete

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

Get some food and drink photos on too, it’s tradition lol hahaha

Did you make your own mead? 

Your wish...

The two at the back are my first two attempts at home brewed mead - one is cherry, the other apple. They've both finished brewing, been back sweetened, and are now aging nicely. The front one is a gorgeous commercial one I picked up at a recent show.

spacer.png

This is the one that was part of my tea.

spacer.png

Andy

Edited by Foxbat
  • Like 4

No breakfast yet, so I'm clear to keep using the bench for more important things (the joys of living alone :D

Put an overall sepia ink wash on. It looks a bit heavy just now but should be a lot more subtle as it dries. I went for brown instead of green as it should modulate the olive nicely and I find the all the green inks I have are too 'blue'. They work OK on dark greens, so they get a lot of use on my Russian builds but not on olive drab.

spacer.png

Andy

Into my third coffee of the morning

• Like 2

I used a lighter shade as a drybrushed highlight (in this case Akan 7K Yellow Sand). I use a different colour because I'm trying to recreate the bright highlights that show in photographs and a lighter shade of the same colour doesn't always give the contrast you need. Odd, but it seems to work. I then added a final wash to blend everything and stop the highlights being too harsh - everything in moderation. That got me to here:

spacer.png

Time for some decals. Only five. I've seen some cars with troop signs on the side, but I can't find any evidence that they were carried in this case, so I missed them off. I also don't have any T- numbers in the right size, so you'll just have to imagine them. All that said, this is what I did have

spacer.png

I'll give them a little while to settle, then attack them with decal solution. Then it's the tyres to paint, a final overall dust coat and into the gallery. Dead easy if you say it quick.

Andy

• Like 1

The other joy of living alone is that while one side of the kitchen is my modelling bench, the other side is cooking this perfectly acceptable Sunday brunch.

spacer.png

See you in a bit

Andy

• Like 1

Wish I'd seen this picture before I started. Would make for a great Blitzbild/Tiger GB cross project. Which isn't to say it wouldn't make a great Tiger GB build. Hmmm...

spacer.png

Andy

• Like 1

I'm calling this one done. I'll stick some better quality photos in the Gallery any minute. Technically, there's still around 34 hours of the weekend left. Starting another one would just be silly though, wouldn't it? 

spacer.png

Andy

• Like 1

Post match wind down while I browse and enjoy all the other great builds in here. Well, it IS a bank holiday. 

spacer.png

Not going to eat it all though.

Andy

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, missile-monkey said:

Nice one............Can I ask where the decal sheets come from?

MM

Of course - they're from Plastic Soldier Company.  They do packs like my first picture that cover most of the British armoured divisions in NW Europe from D Day on with 4 sheets in each pack covering division, arm of service, bridging and tactical signs. 

PSC Allied decals

They are very light on pictures but Google is your friend.

Andy

• Like 1