F174 - Gloster E.28/39 (1/63 scale?) - "No Airscrew Necessary!"

Rabbit Leader

Good progress Dave. I knew you would go back and fix any blemish.  I'm having to do the same thing on one of my current projects. I thought I would be finished the paint work today until I picked up the plane with a tiny drop of Mr leveling thinner on my finger. You know what that does. So back to the sanding tomorrow. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Thanks for the kind comments everyone and @Greg Law I’m sure you’ve heard it all before “there’s a recovery session in every build I do”! Shame you’ve had a modelling misfortune today, I’ll chat with you later on that one. 

Cheers.. Dave 

Update 9 - Inching towards the finish line! 

Almost there on this wee little thing. Two coats of thinned Tamiya X-35 Semi Gloss Clear, basic cockpit parts added, Uschi thread for the antenna wire and canopy masked, painted and cleared. Still got a port wing Pitot tube to add and clear rod through the tail pipe for final mounting. It's been a fun project to do and one I'd never thought would get this far.

Cheers.. Dave  

48355582692_7e98b11437_b.jpg

48355582307_c018a78932_b.jpg

• Like 15

Fantastic job, Dave, and who would even guess you had to work with two different scales. This is a unique aircraft subject for it's time and tells a great story in both aviation and kit moulding challenges. You can be proud of this one. All the best. Mike

• Thanks 1

Playing catch up as usual, I haven't checked your progress since the first page.

Stunning work! Lovely paint job and decals. A historic model to be proud of.  :goodjob:

• Thanks 1

That is outstanding Dave,lord knows if there are many Frog ex-employees left out there but they'd be very proud of what you've done with their

kit!

• Thanks 1

Hi Dave,

the sad truth is that after following your first steps on this perilous journey, I never looked at your progress again until now!!! I have just shaved my head and I am heading to the ash pit to pour ash all over my scalp... Shame on me.

As to your build, all I can say is "Woah!!!!" Absolutely brilliant model.

Congrats Dave!

JR

• Thanks 1

I truly appreciate all the kind comments chaps. It helps keeps the Frog modelling mojo flowing which is not that easy to sustain with these old kits at times. 

Cheers and thanks.. Dave 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Update #10 - In the Gallery! 

I haven't been able to think of and find a suitable stand / base to display this, so have succumbed to just photographing it as best I can just to get it into the GB Gallery. There's additional up close and personal photos there. Thanks for all the encouragement and nice words mentioned along the way.. it's certainly been (and still is) a fun GB. 

Cheers.. Dave 

48485348282_e6887b10d3_b.jpg

• Like 12

Looks fantastic Dave,  :goodjob:

how you find the time to make a model, encourage all us tardy modellers and look after Mrs RL is beyond me, we’ll done and many thanks!

Cheers

Edited by Johnson
  • Thanks 1

Looks real nice Dave. I'm looking forward to getting into mine after I get my current batch of projects done.

I think maybe a double build of this and one of the Meteors now there's an idea. 🙂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Johnson said:

... how you find the time to make a model, encourage all us tardy modellers and look after Mrs RL is beyond me... 

Well according to Mrs RL I seem to do options 1 and 2 a lot better than option 3!! 

Thanks for the kind words, the Canberra’s just had a lick of silver paint and boy doesn’t that colour remind you how bad ones build quality can be! 

Cheers.. Dave 

Congratulations again, Dave, on an outstanding build - I caught up with all the pics in the Gallery. You can almost hear this beauty whistling along and I especially like the clearness of the canopy so your 'cockpit bits' can be seen. Hope you find a suitable stand for desk mounting. All the best. Mike.

• Thanks 1