1/144 Zvezda Hurricane Mk.I

emily

Hello!

New here, hi! I've had this kit sitting around for a while. With my partner Beggsy also doing a build - this weekend seemed like a great opportunity to try and build it. The plan is to build this kit as RAAF Hurricane A60-1/V7476, the one and only Australian based/operated Hurricane.

spacer.png

Edited by emily
typo
  • Like 6

And the start photo! 2.30pm - I had ground school at the gliding club this morning.

I'm building this in the aluminium finish that was the final livery of A60-1 when it lived at the RAAF base in Point Cook. Only a stones throw from here!

spacer.png

And shortly after starting... it was lunch time. Tuna/Olive/Egg baguette from the french bakery @Beggsy mentioned.

2019-05-25%2014.33.48.jpg?variant=small2

And this is where I am up to now. I'm very sorry I forgot to take pictures of the copious amounts of chocolate that has been consumed.

Some research in the background, trying to plan out paint. Little tiny scratch built tropical filter. Painting and masking underway. @Beggsy noted how detailed the fuselage is, yet the wings have little - so I have etched some panel lines (with some help...).

spacer.png

Dinner time...

• Like 5

And the start photo! 2.30pm - I had ground school at the gliding club this morning.

I'm building this in the aluminium finish that was the final livery of A60-1 when it lived at the RAAF base in Point Cook. Only a stones throw from here!

spacer.png

And shortly after starting... it was lunch time. Tuna/Olive/Egg baguette from the french bakery @Beggsy mentioned.

2019-05-25%2014.33.48.jpg?variant=small2

And this is where I am up to now. I'm very sorry I forgot to take pictures of the copious amounts of chocolate that has been consumed.

Some research in the background, trying to plan out paint. Little tiny scratch built tropical filter. Painting and masking underway. @Beggsy noted how detailed the fuselage is, yet the wings have little - so I have etched some panel lines (with some help...).

spacer.png

Dinner time...

• Like 3

Looking good so far - the photos of the food are killing me.

I only had a bit of toast for breakfast - awaiting the arrival of my better half as she will be knocking up a pasta salad I believe.

• Like 1

Thanks 😄

Tasty dinner, chicken & chipotle mayo rolls (edit: that's @Beggsy's on the right...)

spacer.png

Then it was back into it...

Fitted, sanded and shaped the tropical air filter

spacer.png

This was followed by painting, but it definitely didn't go to plan. It has been anything but a great little kit :P . The airbrush played up, leading to some repairs that then caused paint peeling. In the end I took all but the empennage paint off and painted it again!

That's it for today, time to get some sleep before I pickup the second 12hr late tomorrow.

2019-05-25%2023.07.24.jpg?variant=small2

Edited by emily
  • Like 4

Day 2...

Started late, Sunday 7.24pm. I started masking for a few minutes before remembering to take this picture.

spacer.png

Dinner, and more masking. Rainbow trout with stir fry veg & noodles.

spacer.png

The budgies enjoyed pellets and seed.

spacer.png\

And after masking, the canvas section was sprayed a subtle different aluminium dope colour. Then the rest of the details, decals, canopy, exhaust, leading edge antennta...

2019-05-27%2000.18.09.jpg?variant=tiny3

And that's it - done! Quarter past midnight - time to sleep!

Happy blitz building!

• Like 6