FROG Squad GB - Build List (@ 171 builds!)

Rabbit Leader

A somewhat belated update thanks to some time spent at work and looking after an unfortunately ill Mrs. RL (which I should add is a far bit harder than work!!)

Since I last put pen to paper here, we have seen another four new build threads which does not include a somewhat mysterious F.999 entry from @Paul821. I've been wandering what this might be for a while now, so come on Paul spit it out. The new build nominations have been started by @stevej60 (Westland Lynx), @PhantomBigStu (Bearcat) and @John (Meteor IV). We also welcome new GB member @Carts with a great Heinkel He 219 entry, so thanks for joining us. We will all be watching on to see how these turn out, so good luck lads and all the best. 

It's also great to see three more gallery entries and these all belong to the prolific @stevej60. This time he has placed two exceptional Ta 152's and a lovely French P-47 into the Gallery thread which now showcases 25 wonderful Frog model builds. Well done all and like always, keep em coming! 

Cheers.. Dave 

Build Tally    Total Builds = 124 / Total Subjects = 94 / Gallery Entries = 25 / Completion Ratio = 20.2 %

• Like 6

Once again, two more new entries have surfaced overnight (my time!). 

@Paul821 has unveiled his mystery kit which just happens to be the Sepecat Jaguar and and oldie but a goodie, @Johnson has once again be swayed by Kingkit's large collection and will add a Sea Fury into the mix... Thanks gents, these are two great additions. 

Cheers.. Dave.

Build Tally    Total Builds = 126 / Total Subjects = 96 / Gallery Entries = 25 / Completion Ratio = 19.8 %  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Rob S said:

Oops!  Looks like this link has broken?  

No, not broken.. just a case of GB host fat fingers! Should be right now Rob. 

Cheers and thanks.. Dave 

Ahem... having keen 'kindly' reminded that I've got a build list to update, here is the latest Frog Squad GB news. 

We've had another three new build nominations, one a completely new subject and another great GB Gallery entry. 

Firstly we extend a warm welcome to Serge ( @Aardvark ) for his Car Door Typhoon build as well as his excellent Russian Novospawn posts which all help tell the true tale of this great kit manufacturer. Well done Serge and please keep these comments coming. Next a modeller who needs no introduction, however I do hope he receives a Kingkit repeat customer discount ( @stevej60 ) for two more entries - another Aussie Westland Wessex and yet another Blackburn Shark! 

Gracing the Gallery is the ever productive and keyboard tapping @PeterB with a lovely rendition of Heinkel's Nazi Youth flyer, the 162 Salamander. This looks great Pete and we look forward to your other completions in between building that Donald Trump inspired 'Wall". 

Cheers and well played everyone.. Dave 

Build Tally    Total Builds = 129 / Total Subjects = 97 / Gallery Entries = 26 / Completion Ratio = 20.2 %

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Hi Dave,

Good analogy as it is only a low wall and that may be all Mr Trump will get built given the funding problems he seems to be having! As to keyboard tapping, I think I have got all of my "lectures" out of the way now so I will just be straight building notes. - do I hear a collective sigh of relief?

• Haha 3

Hard to believe that we are still getting new build nominations seven weeks since kick-off, although with a 22 September deadline that's still just over two months of good solid Frog modelling to go. 

Now we have two new additions to announce and both are kinda quirky as things go. First we welcome @modelldoc with a kit designed by Frog, but from what we believe never made it into a Frog box - the Nakajima Rufe. Well done and nice choice. Then we have a subject that really ought to have made it as a standalone model by now - the Avro Lincoln thanks to @Rob S. This will be a conversion of sorts between the Frog Lancaster and Frog MR.3 Shackleton and promises to be a great thread to watch. Good luck with this one Rob, you've got eight weeks to perform this modelling miracle so best be getting on with it! 

These two additions takes us to 99 individual Frog kit subjects (well Rob's using a Frog Lanc so his Lincoln should count). The next entirely new entry will take us to the magical 100! Who and what will it be? 

Cheers.. Dave 

Build Tally    Total Builds = 131 / Total Subjects = 99 / Gallery Entries = 26 / Completion Ratio = 19.8 %

• Like 3

Another build list update and I'm glad to announce that thanks to @English Electric's excellent Bell P-39 Airacobra thread, we have now reached 100 individual Frog kit subjects for this GB. @PhantomBigStu has also won a Fairey Delta 2, so this will be the 2nd example of this wonderful aircraft being built here. Well done everyone, let's just hope that we get most / all of these completed before the looming 22 September deadline! 

We also have an excellent new gallery entry thanks to @Corsairfoxfouruncle and his beautiful Frog Buccaneer. This just looks great Dennis, well done. 

Cheers,, Dave 

Build Tally    Total Builds = 134 / Total Subjects = 100 / Gallery Entries = 27 / Completion Ratio = 20.1 %

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thought best I did a little update.

Two more new build entries have appeared over the last few days and thanks to @Bonhoff we have our very first 1/32 kit in the shape of the Hasegawa inspired (boxed by Frog in 1973) Messerschmitt Me262. The 262 is always a popular aircraft, so thanks for digging this one out and showing us what's it all about. @AdrianMF has also chimed in yet again with Frog's take on the Mustang, however as we would expect from this company, they chose to mould the earlier Allison engined variant rather than the more popular Merlin birds. Well done Frog and well done Adrian, this should be another classic build in the making. 

Cheers.. Dave (see I'm still here!). 

Build Tally    Total Builds = 136 / Total Subjects = 102 / Gallery Entries = 27 / Completion Ratio = 19.9 %

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We have more additions and completions to celebrate! 

Let's put our hands together for @Carts who has not only added a Fw190 into the mix, but also completed a great looking He 219 into the Frog Squad GB Gallery, that's a cracking build mate well done. I would also like to mention a modeller who fails to deliver a GB build that is anything but drop dead gorgeous! Now if I had the choice to spend the night with a young Raquel Welch or @nimrod54's latest kit build, I know which Vixen I'd be likely to fondle!! 

Cheers and well modelled gents... Dave 

Build Tally    Total Builds = 137 / Total Subjects = 103 / Gallery Entries = 29 / Completion Ratio = 21.2 %

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

6 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Now if I had the choice to spend the night with a young Raquel Welch or @nimrod54's latest kit build, I know which Vixen I'd be likely to fondle!! 

Cheers and well modelled gents... Dave 

Quite possibly the saddest, but most honest confession I've ever read here on BM ! :giggle:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

So I bleed to you all my sorry story about double booking my GB host commitments, and then four new builds and another brilliant Gallery entry pop up! I suppose I could have got there sooner had those nasty hackers (disguised as modellers) played nicely... best move on I suppose. 

Let us start with a sad story from our dear friend @stevej60. Poor Steve had an unfortunate study lamp accident the other day which ruined both his Lynx and Supermarine S.6B models.... but just like a 6 year old who's lost a puppy, Stevie gets back onto the Kingkit website, whips out his Credit Card and replaces these two dead models with a F4U Corsair and F6F Hellcat !! That's great Retail Therapy mate, I once got over a girlfriend the same way (and no, I didn't have to pay for it!!).  

We also have two repeat Frog GB members adding a few more classic Frog kits. Fresh from his Vixen success, @nimrod54 has added a lovely example of a Westland Lynx and @Mr T has blessed us with our second Bristol 138 high altitude monoplane. Thanks chaps, great to see more kits being added as the weeks roll on. 

Before I depart, I need to acknowledge (again) the modelling prowess of @AdrianMF. The recent Miles Master build is just 'masterful', I know that's a bit corny however quite apt when you take a look at it. 

Cheers and thanks..  

Build Tally    Total Builds = 141 / Total Subjects = 103 / Gallery Entries = 30 / Completion Ratio = 21.3 %

• Like 2

It's me again. We celebrate five additional and rather excellent Gallery entries with this update. 

@Heather Kay has finished off her two twin trainer builds, being the little Magister and quite purposeful looking Master. Both are beautiful Heather, well done.

@GREG DESTEC has also completed two builds and not surprisingly they herald from the "Dark side". Well done mate your Do335 and Ju87 have come up trumps.    

We'll round this off with yet another build finished off in the best roundels ever - yes, you guessed it, it's @PhantomBigStu and his RAAF Mirage. Looks so right in those colours Stu. 

Cheers and chat later... Dave  

Build Tally    Total Builds = 141 / Total Subjects = 103 / Gallery Entries = 35 / Completion Ratio = 24.8 %

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

So good to see a number of these Frog build threads being completed with still plenty of time to spare. 

I'm happy to announce another four great Gallery entries, so lets see what's now on show. 

• First we have a lovely Fairey Gannet built by @Romeo Alpha Yankee, honestly it's hard to believe that this model dates back to 1956, great build Ray.
  • Now what's not to like about @Ray S's colourful little Magister? Great finish there mate, that's a cabinet head turner for sure in that scheme.
  • I'm gonna give a big high five to @Ventora3300 who has managed to complete a lovely 'Southern Cross' Fokker and was able to educate all of us as this WIP thread rolled along, well done Mike, love it! 
  • Just entered is @theplasticsurgeon's lovely Javelin FAW.9 that captures the look and feel of this brute of a fighting machine all so well. 

Well done gents, this is great inspiration for those of us who have been procrastinating a little to get back to these kits and see them through to the finish. I also hope you're happy that I've not even uttered the word 'Aussie' once, even though two of the above subjects are linked to this fine sun soaked country down here! 

Cheers.. Dave 

Build Tally    Total Builds = 141 / Total Subjects = 103 / Gallery Entries = 39 / Completion Ratio = 27.7 %

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Another four more fantastic completions overnight and inspired by all these great looking Frog kits I decided to take some snaps of one of my builds as well, so that makes five! 

Let's all say congratulations to ..... 

• @Johnson for a much delayed kit completion of his Hawker Harrier GR.1. This has turned out so well and in-spite of the 46 year hiatus, is well deserving of a grand finish. 
  • @Paul821 has been very busy and has uploaded some lovely images of his three Frog biplane builds (2 x Gypsy Moths and a Vickers Vimy). Well done Paul, these are not easy kits to complete and your perseverance and dedication has been highly appreciation on here. Excellent stuff. 
  • Then there's one from yours truly who has been playing more keyboard warrior than modeller of late. I'm calling my Gloster E28.39 done. Please excuse the poor plastic shot glass stand prop! 

Cheers.. Dave 

Build Tally    Total Builds = 141 / Total Subjects = 103 / Gallery Entries = 44 / Completion Ratio = 31.2 %

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I really do like this particular time of BM GB interval, we start seeing quite a few great builds coming through as well as taking a look back to realise that we only have the best part of five weeks left??  If you are like me and have over committed your nominations, it's time to pull that digit out and select what's going to end up a practical finish and what's likely to be left for a KUTA GB.

This Build List update should however concentrate on the good stuff, so lets acknowledge another five excellent Frog builds that have made Gallery status. In order of appearance we have - 

• A wonderful Fw190A-3 built by @Carts, that finish is very impressive and all highlighted by a great series of photographs. Well done.  
  • @AdrianMF has shown us all that there is still life left in the 1970 issued Frog Mustang with a beautifully executed Mk. 1 back-dating modification. That looks so good in those early colours - impressive as always mate. 
  • We all love French ladies in Dark Blue dresses, so @PhantomBigStu' s Aeronavale' Bearcat scores plenty of likes... well done Stu.
  • And keeping along the US Navy aircraft in foreign colours theme, two more expertly made and presented kits from @stevej60 Your Corsair & Hellcat round off this Build List update quite perfectly, I love them both. 

Well done everyone and keep all this great progress coming. 

Cheers and good luck.. Dave 

Build Tally    Total Builds = 141 / Total Subjects = 103 / Gallery Entries = 49 / Completion Ratio = 34.8 % 

• Like 5

OK, let's update this list again. 

Apologies for the tardy upkeep of both this list and commenting on quite a few of your latest progress posts. This week I've had a few home wifi gremlins, a forgetful few days at work, wasted hours masking my Canberra and being distracting by Shackleton research.... you can blame @PeterB for the last one!  

I'll start this off with a belated congrats to @stevej60 for submitting our 50th Gallery entry. This time it's Frogs still serviceable Westland Wessex finished off in probably one of the best schemes this chopper ever wore, well done Steve.

Now we also have more new build threads appearing - 

• @mike romeo has pulled out the old Hawker Typhoon, so let's back him in to get this one completed. Nice addition Martin! 
  • @English Electric has teased us with a collection of choices and settled on starting a place holder for his F-104 Starfighter, great choice Chris. 
  • ... and @stevej60 yet again has three more, however ditched one build before I could get to it. The survivors are a Blackburn Skua and a new type on here - the Vultee Vengeance (200 of which were operated by the RAAF at home and in the SWP theatre of operations between 1943-45)... just say'n!  

Cheers and keep up the great progress. 

Build Tally    Total Builds = 145 / Total Subjects = 106 / Gallery Entries = 50 / Completion Ratio = 34.5 %

• Like 1

Wee (with a Scot's accent) GB List update!

Two slaps on the back of the head go to me for missing @JOCKNEY's resurrected Hotspur Glider build. Apologies mate, not great form to miss out on one of the Hosts build threads is it? 

Cheers.. Dave 

Build Tally    Total Builds = 146 / Total Subjects = 106 / Gallery Entries = 50 / Completion Ratio = 34.2 %

• Haha 2

We've had some recent completions and more additions, so let's have an update shall we? 

I'm so pleased to see three more wonderful gallery entries being uploaded within the last few days, two of which never quite made it into Frog boxes. Let's acknowledge -

• @Doccur for the rare and wonderful Anastra DS Anasal. That is such a clean and lovely build, great stuff Ash. 
  • @modelldoc for another Frog designed gem in the shape of Nakajima's A6M2-N Rufe, another wonderfully built and presented rarity. Top marks! 
  • and @Mr T, who has managed to drag himself from the sick bay to the modelling bench to complete a wonderful GA Hotspur Glider. The extra detailing and work here has really paid off. Well done! 

We also have two additional new entries in the shape of @Paul821's Lockheed P-38 Lightning and you guessed it @stevej60 with what I think is a P-61 Black Widow but there's rumours within these posts that a P-82 may be lurking somewhere? Am I reading things or just a little confused?? Speaking of confused, you will see the build tally jump from 146 to 149 with the addition of just two kits, how is this so? Well it appears that somehow I missed @BlackAck's Bristol Beaufort so I have now corrected that thanks to the @PeterB who found this error a short while ago. I still think the overall tally may be + or - at least 1, however I'll do a proper count back when I've got a clear modelling bench.. Ha - he says!! 

Cheers and well done all... Dave 

Build Tally    Total Builds = 149 / Total Subjects = 106 / Gallery Entries = 53 / Completion Ratio = 35.3 %

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Before I get swamped by the expected weekend completion rush, here's a quick update to correct things a bit.

• These GB's always unearth a plastic classic gem or two, so lets show our appreciation to @CliffB and his excellent Short Sealand. That's just beautiful! 
  • @Andre B has decided that although it's getting late, he cannot sustain his desire to build and complete another Sea Fury. Good luck Andre and thanks for joining.
  • and @Retired Bob has unearthed an unopened 20 year old treasure chest and unveiled a large collection of forgotten Frog Kits. With a bit of prompting, the F-102 Delta Dagger has been chosen as another late GB entry. Nice find Bob, better than finding a dusty bag of gold sovereigns in my book!  

Cheers and all the best for the weekend's GB activities.  

Build Tally    Total Builds = 151 / Total Subjects = 107 / Gallery Entries = 54 / Completion Ratio = 35.8 %

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Build Tally    Total Builds = 151 / Total Subjects = 107 / Gallery Entries = 54 / Completion Ratio = 35.8 %

Magnificent update as usual, Dave. Just noting that we are only 6 Builds short of the Airfix Golden Years GB (which was 157) and still going strong....

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ventora3300 said:

Just noting that we are only 6 Builds short of the Airfix Golden Years GB (which was 157) and still going strong....

Whoops!! .... and I bet my stash that we wouldn’t beat it! 

• Haha 2

Apologies for a lack of BM activity on my part, which I know is not exactly ideal as I'm involved with hosting two concurrent GB's! 

Anyway, enough of that, so what's been happening...... well not as much as I would have thought, but perhaps everyone's been glued to the Cricket (... don't go there!). 

• @Retired Bob has decided that it would be too rude to just build the Deuce, so has decided to double his Century series fighters with a RF-101 Voodoo... good move Bob. 
  • and Tim (aka @theplasticsurgeon) reckons he needs another EE Lightning as part of his collection so we have another example here, this time in a recent Revell Box. We are sure you'll bring this one home wonderfully well. 

Then there's another three fantastic Gallery entries. 

• I'm sure I'm not the only one who love's @Jinxman's beautifully presented Spitfire XIV and V1 pairing. That's an amazing result from some basic old parts, the presentation in top notch! 
  • @theplasticsurgeon has again finished off a build on here and it's another exceptionally presented Sea Vixen - my god this looks good and something I might just have to look out for. 
  • and a rather quick but great Jaguar two seater from @Paul821 which surprised a few of us, however is testament to this GB's ethos of go hard and fast just like we used to! 

Nice updates everyone and lets' aim for get to 100 completions by GB's end. 

Build Tally    Total Builds = 153 / Total Subjects = 108 / Gallery Entries = 57 / Completion Ratio = 37.3 %

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Rabbit Leader said:

lets' aim for get to 100 completions by GB's end. 

Sorry that I may be the one to scupper this notable aim as my Shark has jumped ponds and is now in the Floatplanes GB - by way of penance I did add two more builds to replace it.  That would lead to a 99.346405% completion ratio  being possible.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2