CH-46 U.S. Marines-Vietnam (Academy 1:48)

On 5/29/2019 at 10:22 PM, exdraken said:

Great one!!

Missed following this GB unfortunately....

Many thanks. I have to say it was rather enjoyable. It's just been extended to June 9th if you fancy a quick build! :frantic:

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice result!   I rode this Phrog from that squadron (gasp) 25 years ago (image below).

spacer.png

I resolve to someday build a model of that bird and I've already bookmarked you In-Progress thread to use as a reference!

The daily sights and sounds of the Phrogs went away with their retirement, but their effect on my senses will live on in my old brain.

• Like 1

Hi Nigel. Hope you are well. As I mentioned in your GB thread - that really is superb and well worth the wait! Fantastic result! Very well done. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

On 6/9/2019 at 2:03 AM, John B said:

Very nice result!   I rode this Phrog from that squadron (gasp) 25 years ago (image below).

spacer.png

I resolve to someday build a model of that bird and I've already bookmarked you In-Progress thread to use as a reference!

The daily sights and sounds of the Phrogs went away with their retirement, but their effect on my senses will live on in my old brain.

Thank you, John. If ever there was a reason to build one, I think yours is top of the list!! Honoured to be part of your reference material :blush: Ping me a note when the build starts. Would be great to follow. Cheers. NIgel

On 6/10/2019 at 8:49 AM, PlaStix said:

Hi Nigel. Hope you are well. As I mentioned in your GB thread - that really is superb and well worth the wait! Fantastic result! Very well done. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Hi Stix, Thanks again - way too kind but much appreciated :blush: