Hasegawa's Lockheed P2V-7, AKA SP-2H, Neptune 1/72

This is my rendition of Hasegawa's 1/72 kit of the P2V-7 Neptune. This is my second Neptune, the first being my AP-2H gunship using the Hasegawa kit and the Blackbird conversion. This one is mostly OOB with the exception of a combination of the Pavla and Eduard interiors and Caracal decals. This is an old kit dating back to the '70s and it shows its age with less then the usual Hasegawa great fit, some flash, and raised panel lines, but it went together well in a total of 18 days build time. As always the Caracal decals were excellent, but they were very thin and tended to want to fold on themselves when I tried to maneuver them. 

I still have a P2V-5 conversion using the Blackbird conversion, and an OP-2E if Blackbird ever releases that conversion.

So on to the pictures:

zCKO1Rfy_o.jpg

5ATinqkK_o.jpg

LetNu8uF_o.jpg

aUswGp4U_o.jpg

yj1qMJwR_o.jpg

nPPmLZpt_o.jpg

Next up will be the Italeri A/ACH-47A Chinook gunship. If it arrives in the mail tomorrow lake it is supposed to.

Enjoy.

• Like 18

Very nice build! I have always wanted to do a P2V-5 and have the Falcon conversion, but haven't had the nerve to start it, as I only have one kit and I dread cutting it up without a backup...think I paid $6 for a Minicraft boxing 'way back in time- bet I can't find one for that now. Can't get over what a BIG airplane it is for a twin, and would want to do the flaps down and the wheel bays corrected, but that's a very expensive aftermarket purchase! I do have the Pavla cockpit. Bet it took a scale ton of noseweight, too! 👍

Mike

• Thanks 1

If 

37 minutes ago, 72modeler said:

I have always wanted to do a P2V-5 and have the Falcon conversion,

If you can find the Blackbird conversion it looks pretty good and can be used to convert to any version of the -5

38 minutes ago, 72modeler said:

Bet it took a scale ton of noseweight, too!

There is a good sized space behind the nose and between the nose wheel well and the cockpit floor. I filled that up on one side with #6 shot and thought that would be enough, but it turned out not to be. The back or the engine cowling below the main wheel well is open so I poured more shot onto both cowlings and that did the trick. 

• Thanks 1