IRIAF SAEGHEH (Iranian Version of F-5E)

Excellent scale modelling skills!!!

One quick question though, does the twin tail add performance to the aircraft (from many perspectives) or was it just an action to show the level of craftsmanship of the Iranian aviation industry (possibly for exporting reasons)?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Shalako said:

Excellent scale modelling skills!!!

One quick question though, does the twin tail add performance to the aircraft (from many perspectives) or was it just an action to show the level of craftsmanship of the Iranian aviation industry (possibly for exporting reasons)?

Thank you Shalako
Iranian aviation industry claims this change in aircraft empennage has had improvements in performance.
I personally have heard from pilots that airplane is much more stabilized in flight specially in lower regimes of airspeed,however, this twin tail brings more weight as well.

Excellent model.

I am very partial to the IRIAF scheme, so much so I am building a 1/72 F-5E in the same scheme. WIP here:

I don't think it will look as good as yours though!

Terry'

• Like 1

On 28/05/2019 at 16:28, Terry1954 said:

Excellent model.

I am very partial to the IRIAF scheme, so much so I am building a 1/72 F-5E in the same scheme. WIP here:

I don't think it will look as good as yours though!

Terry'

Thanks Terry

yours is a really nice tiger, was a joy to see the progress 👌🏻👌🏻

• Thanks 1

On 5/30/2019 at 4:45 AM, Barzin said:

yours is a really nice tiger, was a joy to see the progress

Appreciate that Barzin. The Mk.82 Snakeyes have arrived and I'm sorting the wingtip AIM-9P's so should see some further progress next week.

Terry

• Like 1

On 01/06/2019 at 02:38, Terry1954 said:

Appreciate that Barzin. The Mk.82 Snakeyes have arrived and I'm sorting the wingtip AIM-9P's so should see some further progress next week.

Terry

sounds great 👌🏻, look forward to see final results of this beautiful persian tiger.