IRIAF SAEGHEH (Iranian Version of F-5E)

Hi dear friends, this is my second experience with AFV CLUB Northrop family,actually this time with a copy of Northrop’s tiger!

”SAEGHEH” (in persian it means lightning)the Iranian version of F-5E Tiger II with some differences and upgrades.The most visible change is twin vertical fins!!
The kit is the old F-5E kit with an extra sprue including saegheh parts and very nice decals.
Colors are mixture of MR.HOBBY and AKAN paints.
Sorry for non professional pictures,I took them in different lighting.

Hope you enjoy

Regards

Barzin

Q60hqxI.jpg

kvvm6uJ.jpg

vIUcJ0U.jpg

GflWsGf.jpg

ZIGso3c.jpg

0MxWsMu.jpg

0CeCiAV.jpg

DQxw7v2.jpg

anYCpXP.jpg

Brn4OUc.jpg

OwuM3hI.jpg

aZMOLBn.jpg

XFXoJ3X.jpg

with his IIAF mate:

ppYmw8l.jpg

hbNM6rc.jpg

NmWdt6G.jpg

Y3Asbtb.jpg

Real Aircraft:

c7lsGFi.jpg

EFbV6Cl.jpg

Lu1WkrS.jpg

• Like 44
  • Thanks 2

Excellent work Barzin,both beautifully done and nice to see Iranian subject's modelled especially this version of the F-5.

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HansReggelsen said:

The twin vertical fins actually emphasises the family ties it has with the YF-17 - the later F/A-18. :D

You know, I never made that mental connection before.  Of course, now you mention it ... !!

• Like 1

Hi Barzin,

A very nice job on the model :) I've removed one of your pictures of the real thing however, as airliners.net take a dim view of people posting their photos on websites and forums.  To prevent this, we ask that people post links back to their site of pictures they want the members to see.  You're new, so no harm done, and now you know :yes:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mike said:

Hi Barzin,

A very nice job on the model :) I've removed one of your pictures of the real thing however, as airliners.net take a dim view of people posting their photos on websites and forums.  To prevent this, we ask that people post links back to their site of pictures they want the members to see.  You're new, so no harm done, and now you know :yes:

Hi Mike, thanks for your advice👍🏻

Edited by Barzin

5 hours ago, Reini78 said:

Great job, especially with the camo! :thumbsup:

So no problem with the kit decals? Usually the AFV Club ones aren´t really useable.

Thank you mate.

The decals that come with this kit are great, and they had really nice response to micro set & sol.