A bright star in the sky! Hasegawa/Italeri YF-104A Starfighter 55-2969 GE Engine Test Fleet 1/72

Thanks @F-32, @Silenoz @replicant @Gary Brantley @Papa Delta @Vultures1. The build wasn't without incident, with lifting dayglo, paint ingress under the windscreen, a bit of paint seepage on to the dayglo, which is never easy to fix. As it was a Hasegawa base kit, though, it is a great basis and I forgave her all the problems ;). I love the Starfighter! Much - wrongly - malined, much misunderstood, etc.....

Martin

Edited by RidgeRunner

All I can say is WOW !

A fantastic model, really very nice. Very realistic metallic finish, brilliantly executed dayglo paint and last but not least, a very interesting and colourful subject. Loved the mix of parts from different kits too, I personally believe that you used the best parts to get the very best F-104 possible in this scale

Again, well done !

• Like 2

Martin,

Just now saw the RIF....incredible model, and I think it's your best one so far. Glad you persevered and saved the windscreen. If the Italeri donor kit is indeed the Esci kit re-boxed, then I echo what Giorgio said about your using the best bits to make a very accurate F-104, as I have always thought the Esci F-104's were pretty darned good, with just the shape of the canopy being the biggest disappointment. Now, my friend, when are you going to do the T-38, F-102A and the F4H-1 and make the diorama? 👍

Mike

Can't help myself from getting over excited when I saw your YF-104.It looked so resplendent with the various combination of colours being painted on it.It's got to be one of the most attractive Starfighter ever flown.Simply superb.

Once my eyeballs stopped bleeding  ;) , I could see it is a joy to behold. :) A stunning scheme Martin & an equally stunning job on it, interesting too, I know very little about the Q birds.

Steve.

Nice work! Makes my YF-104A look positively drab. I certainly do not have the patience (or skill?)  to do a scheme like that.

John