iai Kfir c2 paint colour help

Alyward

Hey, Im wanting to start a 1/72 Hasegawa Kfir c2 and Iam needing help with paint colours for the two blues (mixes of 2-3 colours). Im fairly new and would prefer to stay away from mixing colours right now. so any suggestions or colour recommendations in enamel would be great for the Light blue (Gunze H307 60% + H323 20% + H316 20%) and dark blue (Gunze H307 80% + H323 20%). 

Thanks

Hasegawa made a mistake in their instructions and for some reason  believed that the two-grey Kfirs used some kind of blue.

The actual colour scheme used two blue-greys, FS 36320 and 36375. So the greys to use are just Gunze 307 for the darker colour and Gunze 308 for the lighter, without having to mix paints.

Most modeling paint ranges have these two colour, what are your favourite brands ?

7 hours ago, Giorgio N said:

Hasegawa made a mistake in their instructions and for some reason  believed that the two-grey Kfirs used some kind of blue.

The actual colour scheme used two blue-greys, FS 36320 and 36375. So the greys to use are just Gunze 307 for the darker colour and Gunze 308 for the lighter, without having to mix paints.

Most modeling paint ranges have these two colour, what are your favourite brands ?

Thanks for the reply. I use Humbrol or model master. 

1 hour ago, Alyward said:

Thanks for the reply. I use Humbrol or model master. 

Model Master's range of FS matched paints is onen of the best when it comes to accuracy, can't remember the codes for the two paints you need but the bottles have the FS number printed on the label, so no problem here.

Humbrol's paints for these two colours are 127 and 128.

• Like 1

On 5/24/2019 at 9:00 PM, Giorgio N said:

Model Master's range of FS matched paints is onen of the best when it comes to accuracy, can't remember the codes for the two paints you need

1728 Light Ghost Gray FS36375 and 1741 Dark Ghost Gray FS36320. 

HTH,

Andre

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

rather than start a new thread, currently painting the green on a kfir build (the recent revell issue) and went with FS34244 when ordering paints, but google seems to have led me to believe it should be FS34227 as per the revell guide? Would I be wrong to switch?  

2 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

rather than start a new thread, currently painting the green on a kfir build (the recent revell issue) and went with FS34244 when ordering paints, but google seems to have led me to believe it should be FS34227 as per the revell guide? Would I be wrong to switch?  

It depends on which Kfir.

The C1 and C2 used FS34227, while the later C7 used FS34244. 

HTH,

Andre