Interceptors GB Chat

Col.

1 minute ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Spare yourself the agonies of choice and build 'em all.  You know you want to...  :wicked:

of course!

easy peasy, 

looks like the Matrix has an error.... :devil: 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, exdraken said:

Trumpeter.... I did a Su-9 in a WP-vs Nato recently

The Su-15 would be a TM, also Trumpeter

the MiG-31 AMK of course.... ;) 

and I have a Trumpeter J-8 that would fit......

1/48

Probably I could do a Zaragossa based F-102 as well, also an interceptor I'd assume...

I see already way too many options in the stash!

If you choose the Su-11 or -15 and they turn out as well as your -9 they will will look grand together :wub: 

Then again the Delta Dart is a seldom seen type :hmmm:choices :frantic:

7 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Spare yourself the agonies of choice and build 'em all.  You know you want to...  :wicked:

On the subject of building all our models, where have you been Enzo? Not seen a WiP from your good self for a wee while.

30 minutes ago, Col. said:

On the subject of building all our models, where have you been Enzo? Not seen a WiP from your good self for a wee while.

nodnodnod   I'm not the best at updating threads.  :fraidnot:  I tend to start a build thread and then update the whole build in the final three weeks of the GB.  I'm gonna have to give myself a jolly good talking to.  :nono:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Enzo Matrix said:

nodnodnod   I'm not the best at updating threads.  :fraidnot:  I tend to start a build thread and then update the whole build in the final three weeks of the GB.  I'm gonna have to give myself a jolly good talking to.  :nono:

So long as you are getting some modelling time that's the main thing.

On 10/18/2019 at 8:20 AM, Col. said:

Joking apart I have to say the NOTSNIK 'Ford' is a great option. Even if the whole project completely failed to shot down a satellite the missiles were designed for that role and therefore eligible to this GB.

On 10/18/2019 at 8:27 AM, Enzo Matrix said:

And even failed to reach orbit.   Allegedly.  :wink: Two of the missiles failed to maintain comms so they may have actually gained orbit.

I would be very interested in building this one.  Not only does it have a honking great missile under the wing, but it's also a rare blue F4D.

I really haven't a clue what you two have been going on about.......can someone please post a photo? I'm really to scared to type NOTSNIK "Ford" into Google just incase I get something like that "Lemonparty" website showing up!!! :yikes::door:

Yes you do have form there!

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

I really haven't a clue what you two have been going on about.......can someone please post a photo? I'm really to scared to type NOTSNIK "Ford" into Google just incase I get something like that "Lemonparty" website showing up!!! :yikes::door:

Yes you do have form there!

Here's a link to the Wikipedia page for your education and entertainment :) 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NOTS-EV-1_Pilot

In the meantime I'm away to NOT search for "Lemonparty" :hmmm:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Creepy Pete said:

Does this qualify? There's a new kit from Freedom Models, and AFV Club is supposed to release one as well.

r2zlIgW.jpg

Or I might just do a F-104J.

It most certainly does :D 

2 hours ago, Col. said:

Here's a link to the Wikipedia page for your education and entertainment :) 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NOTS-EV-1_Pilot

In the meantime I'm away to NOT search for "Lemonparty" :hmmm:

arrr now i'm with you, you know I've seen one of these for sale somewhere....can't remember now, think it may have been 1/48th?? it's 1/72nd and it's the decals for the launch Skyray.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Starfighter-72156-x-1-72-F4D-1-Satallite-Launch-ASAT-Project-Pilot-NOTSNIK/112926981156?epid=26028691016&hash=item1a4af8fc24:g:0j0AAOSw5E9ay5aA

unfortunately the Lemonparty site has gone but the memes are still there! :rofl2:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, trickyrich said:

arrr now i'm with you, you know I've seen one of these for sale somewhere....can't remember now, think it may have been 1/48th?? it's 1/72nd and it's the decals for the launch Skyray.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Starfighter-72156-x-1-72-F4D-1-Satallite-Launch-ASAT-Project-Pilot-NOTSNIK/112926981156?epid=26028691016&hash=item1a4af8fc24:g:0j0AAOSw5E9ay5aA

They are what I have, plus a Starfighter Resin kit for the missile. 

so you've just confirmed your build?

It's actually a pretty cool setup, one that would look great in 1/48th.......only because I build in that scale now!

Speaking of that scale, I received some goodies today for my Hind and in with the goodies was a flyer for Clear Prop Models (another new Ukraine company). They may have something to do with ResKit, but anyway one of their future releases is a 1/48th A2D Skyshark!!!!! I know it's off subject but I'm sooooo excited! :bounce: I know, weird/resin/ 1/48th, but I can't help myself, a future Wiffy. :wub:

• Like 1

Having added Trumpeter's 72nd scale kit of the Tu-128 into the stash courtesy of BlackMike Models I've now got a favourite subject for this GB :) 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

If I was to build a model that only had three parts, would that be acceptable for this GB?

hmmm ;)

would that translate into more or less than one update in your WIP? :devil:

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Interesting...I wonder what it could be ? My guess would be a resin or 3d printed SAM with a launcher and base ? 

Dammit...   :D    Yep.  A Bloodhound.

• Like 1

If I was to build a model that only had three parts, would that be acceptable for this GB?

Yes, and...

52 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Dammit...   :D    Yep.  A Bloodhound.

Hell yes! A model of the Bloodhound, regardless of how many parts there are to it, is most welcome in this one :D 

1 hour ago, exdraken said:

hmmm ;)

would that translate into more or less than one update in your WIP? :devil:

No more so that his usual quantity then :lol: 

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Interesting...I wonder what it could be ? My guess would be a resin or 3d printed SAM with a launcher and base ? 

You got your eyes on the same kit Dennis?

• Like 2

now this one looks much nicer and there'd be more than a couple of build posts......pity about the price!! :yikes: Though knowing Enzo and his posting reliability there's still be only a couple of post even for this one!

This GB looks to be a shoe-in for next year, I'd better start dusting off my Foxhound! :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Col. said:

You got your eyes on the same kit Dennis?

No just simple deduction with the limited number of pieces i doubt it was ever an aircraft so SAM seemed the most likely. Though I am considering one of these ⬇️. The uncle I'm named after that died in Vietnam, well he served on these in Massachusetts before going to Vietnam. 

On 10/28/2019 at 4:12 PM, Creepy Pete said:

AFV Club is supposed to release one as well.

r2zlIgW.jpg

Dennis

• Like 1

I've often found it a bit strange that they put markings on rockets like these. If one's coming after you then knowing the exact country that sent it is generally not the first thing you'd be thinking about!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, trickyrich said:

If one's coming after you then knowing the exact country that sent it is generally not the first thing you'd be thinking about!

I think it would be quite obvious who sent it after you. Especially if you flying over enemy territory with not the best of intentions. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

I think it would be quite obvious who sent it after you. Especially if you flying over enemy territory with not the best of intentions. 

Otherwise it's really stretching the definition of the term 'friendly fire'! :blink2:

• Haha 2

Evening all. I'm in for this one as well if I may. I propose to build Revell's F101 Voodoo. I periodically consider it as my next project but I never pick it.

Cheers Allan

• Like 2

8 hours ago, almac said:

Evening all. I'm in for this one as well if I may. I propose to build Revell's F101 Voodoo. I periodically consider it as my next project but I never pick it.

Cheers Allan

There's certainly no denying the Voodoo's credentials as an interceptor Allan so your progect will be most welcome :)