Interceptors GB Chat

37 minutes ago, Ray_W said:

Very nice! Too many great subjects and not enough time in one life time to cover them all. I am really keen to build one of the Zoukei-Mura renditions. 

Yes I fancy one of those too, when they do a late E I might build and F-4EJ from one.

On 11/22/2020 at 9:54 AM, Col. said:

Spitfires in general, as with any other fighter type, are eligible.

I might have to build a 109 and a Spitfire...although i am trying to focus on jets.

Is the Revell boxing of the F104 in Belgian livery considered an interceptor even though it has no rockets?

• Like 1
6 hours ago, At Sea said:

I nearly bought this for my second build in this GB but then found out that it's not a kit. 

ed169ad8-81bd-4a3a-beda-b7be5bc09ad2.jpe

If that had been a kit I'd have let you do it here :D

1 hour ago, John Masters said:

I might have to build a 109 and a Spitfire...although i am trying to focus on jets.

Is the Revell boxing of the F104 in Belgian livery considered an interceptor even though it has no rockets?

A Belgian F-104 sounds like an interceptor to me :)

• Haha 1
16 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Yes I fancy one of those too, when they do a late E I might build and F-4EJ from one.

I fancy them too. How do you get a ZM Phantom in the UK?  Do I have to preorder from Japan?

Chris

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Chrisj2003 said:

I fancy them too. How do you get a ZM Phantom in the UK?  Do I have to preorder from Japan?

Chris

There are some hobby shops selling them Chris and they are available on Ebay, just a matter of searching around, I know that Hannants don't stock them though.

• Thanks 1

I'm seriously thinking of jumping into this one. My plan would be the Tamiya 1/48 P-38G. The P-38 was originally designed as an interceptor before, like most fighters of the era, being drafted into the air-to-air role as well as air-to-ground. But the one I would be doing is the personification of "interceptor". I plan on making "Miss Virginia", the airplane Lt. Rex Barber flew to intercept and shoot down the G4M1 carrying Adm. Isoroku Yamamoto.

Just checking to make sure this qualifies. Thanks!

Michael 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, MichaelSatin said:

I'm seriously thinking of jumping into this one. My plan would be the Tamiya 1/48 P-38G. The P-38 was originally designed as an interceptor before, like most fighters of the era, being drafted into the air-to-air role as well as air-to-ground. But the one I would be doing is the personification of "interceptor". I plan on making "Miss Virginia", the airplane Lt. Rex Barber flew to intercept and shoot down the G4M1 carrying Adm. Isoroku Yamamoto.

Just checking to make sure this qualifies. Thanks!

Michael 

It most certainly does qualify and you're welcome to join us as soon as you wish Michael :) 

• Like 1

Well, checked my stash and I don't have the TIE Intercepter.  So hit up both my LHSs and no joy.  Even did an online search and not much there for a decent price so will probably drop out of this as I don't have time to focus on a more involved build.

Have fun and I will be watching as I have a bunch of these kits in the stash to get to someday.

• Sad 1
3 hours ago, philp said:

Well, checked my stash and I don't have the TIE Intercepter.  So hit up both my LHSs and no joy.  Even did an online search and not much there for a decent price so will probably drop out of this as I don't have time to focus on a more involved build.

Have fun and I will be watching as I have a bunch of these kits in the stash to get to someday.

Sorry to hear you're not finding the kit you want Phil. Hopefully one turns up in your near future and in the meantime we can inspire you with what's going on here.