Interceptors GB Chat

Col.

On 11/22/2020 at 9:54 AM, Col. said:

Spitfires in general, as with any other fighter type, are eligible.

I might have to build a 109 and a Spitfire...although i am trying to focus on jets.

Is the Revell boxing of the F104 in Belgian livery considered an interceptor even though it has no rockets?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, At Sea said:

I nearly bought this for my second build in this GB but then found out that it's not a kit. 

ed169ad8-81bd-4a3a-beda-b7be5bc09ad2.jpe

If that had been a kit I'd have let you do it here :D

1 hour ago, John Masters said:

I might have to build a 109 and a Spitfire...although i am trying to focus on jets.

Is the Revell boxing of the F104 in Belgian livery considered an interceptor even though it has no rockets?

A Belgian F-104 sounds like an interceptor to me :)

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Yes I fancy one of those too, when they do a late E I might build and F-4EJ from one.

I fancy them too. How do you get a ZM Phantom in the UK?  Do I have to preorder from Japan?

Chris

• Like 1

I'm seriously thinking of jumping into this one. My plan would be the Tamiya 1/48 P-38G. The P-38 was originally designed as an interceptor before, like most fighters of the era, being drafted into the air-to-air role as well as air-to-ground. But the one I would be doing is the personification of "interceptor". I plan on making "Miss Virginia", the airplane Lt. Rex Barber flew to intercept and shoot down the G4M1 carrying Adm. Isoroku Yamamoto.

Just checking to make sure this qualifies. Thanks!

Michael 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MichaelSatin said:

I'm seriously thinking of jumping into this one. My plan would be the Tamiya 1/48 P-38G. The P-38 was originally designed as an interceptor before, like most fighters of the era, being drafted into the air-to-air role as well as air-to-ground. But the one I would be doing is the personification of "interceptor". I plan on making "Miss Virginia", the airplane Lt. Rex Barber flew to intercept and shoot down the G4M1 carrying Adm. Isoroku Yamamoto.

Just checking to make sure this qualifies. Thanks!

Michael 

It most certainly does qualify and you're welcome to join us as soon as you wish Michael :) 

• Like 1

Well, checked my stash and I don't have the TIE Intercepter.  So hit up both my LHSs and no joy.  Even did an online search and not much there for a decent price so will probably drop out of this as I don't have time to focus on a more involved build.

Have fun and I will be watching as I have a bunch of these kits in the stash to get to someday.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, philp said:

Well, checked my stash and I don't have the TIE Intercepter.  So hit up both my LHSs and no joy.  Even did an online search and not much there for a decent price so will probably drop out of this as I don't have time to focus on a more involved build.

Have fun and I will be watching as I have a bunch of these kits in the stash to get to someday.

Sorry to hear you're not finding the kit you want Phil. Hopefully one turns up in your near future and in the meantime we can inspire you with what's going on here.

5 hours ago, Beazer said:

Would this meet the under 25% rule?

Was going to finish up the Veltro.

Pretty much minimal paint and interior started.  Plus I have extra PE to do.

Yes :) Plenty still to do and you don't have the fuselage halves together so start a thread and crack on whenever you're ready :thumbsup:

• Like 1

On 12/3/2020 at 7:42 AM, Col. said:

Yes :) Plenty still to do and you don't have the fuselage halves together so start a thread and crack on whenever you're ready :thumbsup:

Hi Col, just finished one group build & on a roll to start another one so would it be OK to jump flea like on to the back of this huge group build?

Got quite a few aviation related interceptors waiting to be built, but have had this F-102 sitting around so good excuse to get started on it.

Will be building it as 56-0977 of th 32nd FIS at Soesterberg.

Unstarted Meng kit as shown...

50699773023_25604177c4_b.jpg

Martin

I've already got a Zvezda 1/72 MiG-31 mostly built up - needs paint, but I suppose that is too advanced to qualify?

And a half finished Zvezda Romanian MiG-21 sitting on the shelf of doom.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Lightningboy2000 said:

Hi Col, just finished one group build & on a roll to start another one so would it be OK to jump flea like on to the back of this huge group build?

Got quite a few aviation related interceptors waiting to be built, but have had this F-102 sitting around so good excuse to get started on it.

Will be building it as 56-0977 of th 32nd FIS at Soesterberg.

Unstarted Meng kit as shown...

50699773023_25604177c4_b.jpg

Martin

I've already got a Zvezda 1/72 MiG-31 mostly built up - needs paint, but I suppose that is too advanced to qualify?

And a half finished Zvezda Romanian MiG-21 sitting on the shelf of doom.

You're certainly most welcome to join us with your F-102 Martin :thumbsup:

Your MiG-31 is too far gone for inclusion in the final gallery and ENDEX poll but feel free to make it a bonus feature in your -102 thread for added entertainment ;) What about your Romanian MiG-21, I like the sound of that, how far progressed is it?

2 hours ago, Col. said:

You're certainly most welcome to join us with your F-102 Martin :thumbsup:

Your MiG-31 is too far gone for inclusion in the final gallery and ENDEX poll but feel free to make it a bonus feature in your -102 thread for added entertainment ;) What about your Romanian MiG-21, I like the sound of that, how far progressed is it?

Cheers Col, the 21 has its wings on. No canopy or undercarriage, & no primer yet. Will start a thread later in the week with the 102.

Cheers

Martin

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lightningboy2000 said:

Cheers Col, the 21 has its wings on. No canopy or undercarriage, & no primer yet. Will start a thread later in the week with the 102.

Cheers

Martin

With the wings on I'd say you're iver the 25% line for the 21 sadly but again if you want to work on it within the GB feel free so long as you're alright with in not featuring in the final poll.

• Like 1

Evening gents,

If I can find the time in between installing a new kitchen, looking for a job and getting ready for Christmas, I would love to join this group build.

As I do not have much prior knowledge of interceptors, would any of these subjects from my modest stash qualify:

- Hobby Boss F-22A Raptor (USAF)

- ITALERI Tornado GR.1 Gulf War 25th anniversary (4 different RAF versions)

- HASEGAWA F-16B ("Wolf Pack" 80th TFS. 8th TFW. PACAF / 17th TFS. 363rd TFW. USAF)

- HASEGAWA F-16A (50th TFW, HAHN AB, WEST GERMANY, "GUN SMOKE 1983" / 8th TFW "WOLF PACK", KUNSAN AFB, KOREA)

If none of the above would qualify, I could ask Santa to drop me a “proper” interceptor of a kind through the chimney on Christmas eve :santa: 

What do the experts think please? 

Cheers

Johnny b

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, desert falcon said:

Evening gents,

If I can find the time in between installing a new kitchen, looking for a job and getting ready for Christmas, I would love to join this group build.

As I do not have much prior knowledge of interceptors, would any of these subjects from my modest stash qualify:

- Hobby Boss F-22A Raptor (USAF)

- ITALERI Tornado GR.1 Gulf War 25th anniversary (4 different RAF versions)

- HASEGAWA F-16B ("Wolf Pack" 80th TFS. 8th TFW. PACAF / 17th TFS. 363rd TFW. USAF)

- HASEGAWA F-16A (50th TFW, HAHN AB, WEST GERMANY, "GUN SMOKE 1983" / 8th TFW "WOLF PACK", KUNSAN AFB, KOREA)

If none of the above would qualify, I could ask Santa to drop me a “proper” interceptor of a kind through the chimney on Christmas eve :santa: 

What do the experts think please? 

Cheers

Johnny b

Yes

No

Yes

Yes

The F-22 is a great one and both F-16 are good options so long as modelled in fighter trim without air to ground weapons. The Tornado is the odd one out being a dedicated bomber. Or you could treat yourself to another suitable kit from Santa ;) In the meantime good luck with the kitchen and job hunt Johnny.

25 minutes ago, Col. said:

Yes

No

Yes

Yes

The F-22 is a great one and both F-16 are good options so long as modelled in fighter trim without air to ground weapons. The Tornado is the odd one out being a dedicated bomber. Or you could treat yourself to another suitable kit from Santa ;) In the meantime good luck with the kitchen and job hunt Johnny.

Thanks a lot Col !!

If I can work out the paint job, I might give the F-22 a go. if not, it will be on of the Vipers and I'll save the Tornado for the Desert Storm GB 🙂

Kitchen should be done by end of next week, after which I'll start a build thread.

Wishing you all a great weekend ahead! 

• Like 1

I am beginning my 19 Squadron Marathon build.  I am thinking I will begin it here and continue as long as I can then move them over into independent threads.

I though I would start with this one...

50714060072_42f8466fa9_c_d.jpg

19 Sq has the arrow pointing towards it...

50714059992_9ec38ac32b_c_d.jpg

Whaddya think?  Is this allowed?  To take part in a GB with my own theme/agenda?

--John

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, John Masters said:

I am beginning my 19 Squadron Marathon build.  I am thinking I will begin it here and continue as long as I can then move them over into independent threads.

I though I would start with this one...

50714060072_42f8466fa9_c_d.jpg

19 Sq has the arrow pointing towards it...

50714059992_9ec38ac32b_c_d.jpg

Whaddya think?  Is this allowed?  To take part in a GB with my own theme/agenda?

--John

I have no objections what so ever to you building as many 19 sqn. themed subjects as you can in our GB John. In fact I'm delighted by your plan and the fact you've chosen such an uncommon subject to start with makes it even better in my personal opinion :)

3 hours ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

@Col.

you said Sci fi was good, how about Egg plane video game, Egg14 Tomcat from the Ace combat series?

Now this I want to see! Please tell me you're considering it for our GB :pray: