Interceptors GB Chat

Col.

8 hours ago, wimbledon99 said:

Just dropped in to check on the start date now that I've finished by Heller GB. No worries; I've enough time to fill the bath for washing the sprues! 🚰

The bath - how big is this kit!?! :blink2:

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, wimbledon99 said:

Bigger than anything I've done before!! :wink:

I'm resisting the temptation to say "That's what she said" :shutup:

• Haha 5

I assume a tornado f3 counts as an interceptor, times running out and being yet to start on one in the tornado GB Id like to save it for this and focus on the GR4 which I’m also yet to start, won’t be the only entry for this, got a couple of others that should I be simple builds. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PhantomBigStu said:

I assume a tornado f3 counts as an interceptor, times running out and being yet to start on one in the tornado GB Id like to save it for this and focus on the GR4 which I’m also yet to start, won’t be the only entry for this, got a couple of others that should I be simple builds. 

Yes Stu your F.3 counts for this one :) 

• Thanks 1

Probably pie in the sky, but I’d love to join with an F-15C which despite being an air superiority fighter, hopefully qualifies in the guise of a Reykjavik based 57th FIS aircraft. Despite my dire record for GB’s I’m kind of figuring that a socially distant Christmas and four weeks paternity leave will combine to give me some time at the modelling desk.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Filler said:

Probably pie in the sky, but I’d love to join with an F-15C which despite being an air superiority fighter, hopefully qualifies in the guise of a Reykjavik based 57th FIS aircraft. Despite my dire record for GB’s I’m kind of figuring that a socially distant Christmas and four weeks paternity leave will combine to give me some time at the modelling desk.

Air Superiority Fighter types are good for this one and the F-15C is a great example. They spent plenty time intercepting Soviet/Russian aircraft around the Greenland/Iceland/UK Gap zone.

• Thanks 1

I think I might try and compare early US and Soviet post war interceptors - F-102 and F106 on the one hand and Mig-17PF, Mig-21F-13 and Su-9 on the other, having already started a Mig-19PM in the Heller GB. All either missile or cannon armed only so I guess that will be OK? Serge tells me that my choice of Soviet kits are none too accurate but they are all I have in the stash and I am not going to buy replacements. They will do for this purpose I think.

Pete

Edited by PeterB
  • Like 1

On 5/23/2019 at 7:19 PM, Col. said:

Right gang, we are now on Quick Reaction Alert for the kick-off of this one, 11 days to go and counting! Enzo The Magnificent has now given us our place in the Current Group Builds section so we can set-up individual project threads to prepare for the action starting :D 

• Like 1

Oh dear Lord, another one.

Let's see if I can keep 3 GB's at once on track.

A freebie received as compensation for a severely delayed delivery:

y4mdbNStHHp-4gLRdzD51UgxbJIkkE9HdQ2KckRF

...which I suspect is from the same manufacturer as MisterCraft judging from the instruction sheet.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, alt-92 said:

Oh dear Lord, another one.

Let's see if I can keep 3 GB's at once on track.

A freebie received as compensation for a severely delayed delivery:

y4mdbNStHHp-4gLRdzD51UgxbJIkkE9HdQ2KckRF

...which I suspect is from the same manufacturer as MisterCraft judging from the instruction sheet.

Are the instructions rather optimistic as to the level of detail present on the kit parts?

It's a freebie, and it says 2 kits for a tenner on the box, i'm not expecting Eduard quality here :P

1995 Pantera/ZTS/Master-slash-MisterCrauft kit. This'll be fun.
Challenge accepted!

• Haha 1

I think I read somewhere in the depths of this thread that special schemes are allowed. The one I have in mind is the CF-188 in the special scheme commemorating the anniversary of NORAD so it's an interceptor in a special scheme commemorating its role as an interceptor! @Col. is this eligible?

There are also some Flankers and Fulcrums queuing up to be built!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, zebra said:

I think I read somewhere in the depths of this thread that special schemes are allowed. The one I have in mind is the CF-188 in the special scheme commemorating the anniversary of NORAD so it's an interceptor in a special scheme commemorating its role as an interceptor! @Col. is this eligible?

I doubt anyone will object if your aircraft is in a fancy scheme, paeticularly one commemorating an entity peetty much devoted to intercepting!

• Like 3

oh gosh! another GB on my door step, having just started a Tornado F.3 in the Tornado GB :wall:

what did I promise to build here?? :devil:

Something pure would be good, no?

MiG-25P(DS), MiG-31, F-102, F-101, F-106, J-8, Su-15, ??

leaning towards a Delta Dagger or a Finback currently....the crossed ones not suitable because I do not have a kit :D

1 hour ago, zebra said:

Special schemes are cool and, as @Anatol Pigwa notes, particularly one commemorating NORAD  -that's double eligible :D 

1 hour ago, exdraken said:

oh gosh! another GB on my door step, having just started a Tornado F.3 in the Tornado GB :wall:

what did I promise to build here?? :devil:

Something pure would be good, no?

MiG-25P(DS), MiG-31, F-102, F-101, F-106, J-8, Su-15, ??

leaning towards a Delta Dagger or a Finback currently....the crossed ones not suitable because I do not have a kit :D

Any or all of those (W.W,E.M.D ;) ) sound grand to me Werner with the Finback getting my vote. With the Tornado you've got going on in the STGB a nice simple kit that isn't going to put up a fight might be the way forward.

Edited by Col.
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, exdraken said:

J-8, Su-15, ??

My vote J-8B & Su-15, because J-8B as controversies Su-15. It's very close interceptors for each other.

Of course more interesting J-8 (without letter!) v.s. Mikoyan E-152A, but nobody does clear J-8.

😢

B.R.

Serge

• Like 2

If I understand the rules correctly then anti-aircraft weapons/tanks are allowed in the GB..? I guess if I dont get around to making the Flakpanther in time for the Panther GB I could just build it here instead 😛 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mig Eater said:

If I understand the rules correctly then anti-aircraft weapons/tanks are allowed in the GB..? I guess if I dont get around to making the Flakpanther in time for the Panther GB I could just build it here instead 😛 

Yes that's correct and your Flakpanther would be most welcome in this GB if you choose to enter it :) 

Will be joining in with probably a Seafire Ib but also thinking about a Fulmar after reading about 806 NAS's exploits in Tony O'Toole's brilliant book about defending Malta. 

• Like 1