This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Col.

Interceptor GB; 14 Nov 20 to 7 Mar 21

Never tried a paper model before that would be different.The XF-103 is just good old fashioned heavy micropitted resin. NIce thing with the GB is I have plenty of time to research , plan, and plot how any ,or all will be constructed. Hopefully without losing the plot😜

I've decided to go with the Airfix 1/48 Javelin, I looked at doing the Airfix 1/48 Lightning but have found the fuselage to be quite badly warped, I'll have a look at correcting it but for now the Flying Flatiron is the primary choice.

Mark.

22 hours ago, Col. said:

Another fine choice of subject Tony :) 

If, as an aside, if anyone is considering the various types used in the 'Top Gun' dissimilar air combat training role such as the A-4 then they are good for this GB as well ;) 

Not agree about 'Top Gun' because key word

"training role".

But if anybody wants A-4 interceptor maybe he's pay attention to the New Zealand A-4K? 

8hWnqoj.jpg

How I know it's only one specific modification A-4 for intercept.

Also was Australia  A-4G 

800px-McDonnell_Douglas_A-4G_Skyhawk,_Au

modernized as an interceptor for the ability to carry out air defense of the fleet.

19 hours ago, LorenSharp said:

Yes I hope so if time permits.Actually Col. I had a 3rd one though it didn't get past the mock-up stage an XF-103 Thunderwarrior A Collect aire I've been staring at on the shelf for ages looking for a good excuse to bring to the light of day. Idle hands as they say.

From Collect Aire maybe maked excellent model:

g12140_3563408.jpg

https://www.dishmodels.ru/gshow.htm?p=12140

B.R.

Serge

Edited by Aardvark

11 hours ago, Col. said:

That's another fine option you have with the XF-103 as paper projects are also eligible within this GB.

I've heard that Collect Aire kits can be troublesome.  If it's doubtful that you can complete it within the GB timescale, there is an option.  They Also Serve runs for the whole year.  You could dedicate the build to the Anything But Injection GB. 

5 hours ago, Ale85 said:

lovely gb!

i'm in!

Delighted to have your company :) 

On 1/29/2020 at 7:32 PM, Aardvark said:

Not agree about 'Top Gun' because key word

"training role".

But if anybody wants A-4 interceptor maybe he's pay attention to the New Zealand A-4K? 

8hWnqoj.jpg

How I know it's only one specific modification A-4 for intercept.

Also was Australia  A-4G 

800px-McDonnell_Douglas_A-4G_Skyhawk,_Au

modernized as an interceptor for the ability to carry out air defense of the fleet.

From Collect Aire maybe maked excellent model:

g12140_3563408.jpg

https://www.dishmodels.ru/gshow.htm?p=12140

B.R.

Serge

Paint it white and we are back at the Angel Interceptor again from Captain Scarlet which loaded the pilot from underneath!