Interceptors GB Chat

Col.

Hi Col.

I missed out on the Buccaneer STGB, but depending on how the Heller Classic works out I might have a go at this one as I have a good few potentially eligible kits. I will have to check over my stash, but there are certainly a Lightning F 6, Tornado F3, Sukhoi Su 9 and several more I can immediately think of. Once I have a list I will run it past you as some of the planes were multipurpose rather than pure interceptors, eg F-4, F-14 etc.

Cheers

Pete

• Like 2

12 hours ago, PeterB said:

Hi Col.

I missed out on the Buccaneer STGB, but depending on how the Heller Classic works out I might have a go at this one as I have a good few potentially eligible kits. I will have to check over my stash, but there are certainly a Lightning F 6, Tornado F3, Sukhoi Su 9 and several more I can immediately think of. Once I have a list I will run it past you as some of the planes were multipurpose rather than pure interceptors, eg F-4, F-14 etc.

Cheers

Pete

Hello Pete. I've added your name to the list and when it comes to multirole machines such as the F-4 and F-14 modelling them as equipped for air combat is sufficient to ensure eligibility for this GB :) 

• Thanks 1

Thanks Col,

Think I will try to get my old Hasegawa F-102 and F-106 finished at the very least. Maybe the Su-9 as well as there probably won't be too many of them and it will go well alongside the Mig-19PM I am building for the Heller GB as they were of the same generation. I also have the original Mig-21F as well. depending on how things go with my attempts at an NMF scheme - it is not one of my better subjects usually!

Pete

Edited by PeterB
  • Like 3

Hello @Col. and @Enzo Matrix I have a quick question. Can I build this wRGfKr0.jpg

in both the “Interceptors” group build and in the North American part of the “They also Serve” build ? If not it will go into the “Interceptors” build as my 2nd build. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Creepy Pete said:

Well, I got my 1/35 Freedom Models MIM-14 Nike Hercules in the mail today, so I'm all set for this GB. :bounce:

Excellent subject choice Pete :D Glad to see a SAM getting some attention.

Hi Col,

Pete's post reminded me that you were including missiles and guns designed to bring down aircraft - does that mean that my old Airfix Bofor 40mm gun kit would be eligible? Never did buy their SA-2, though I did build the Bloodhound a couple of times.

Pete

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, PeterB said:

Hi Col,

Pete's post reminded me that you were including missiles and guns designed to bring down aircraft - does that mean that my old Airfix Bofor 40mm gun kit would be eligible? Never did buy their SA-2, though I did build the Bloodhound a couple of times.

Pete

Yes Pete your Airfix Bofor is indeed eligible :thumbsup:  As would the SA-2 were you able to find and afford one if rumours of their current asking price amongst collectors is true! :blink2:

• Thanks 1

I’m in!

With a stash full of interceptor types I’m going to throw my hat in with at least a Tornado F.3, a Phantom FG.1 and a Sea Harrier FRS.1.

Should be fun & a good way to clear the stash!!!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, At Sea said:

I’m in!

With a stash full of interceptor types I’m going to throw my hat in with at least a Tornado F.3, a Phantom FG.1 and a Sea Harrier FRS.1.

Should be fun & a good way to clear the stash!!!

Three good options there :thumbsup:

Hi Col,

I was intending to build a Mig-19PM in the Heller Gb but have run into problems that may require me to cross kit the tail stabilisers with another model, and that may make it ineligible. If so, can I switch it to this GB as it was an interceptor, and all I have done so far is glue the seat to the cockpit floor and paint the interior. so well under 25% I believe? May not happen but we will see.

Cheers

Pete

2 hours ago, PeterB said:

Hi Col,

I was intending to build a Mig-19PM in the Heller Gb but have run into problems that may require me to cross kit the tail stabilisers with another model, and that may make it ineligible. If so, can I switch it to this GB as it was an interceptor, and all I have done so far is glue the seat to the cockpit floor and paint the interior. so well under 25% I believe? May not happen but we will see.

Cheers

Pete

That certainly sounds well within the 25% mark to me Pete and will be most welcome in this GB :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Col. said:

Yes Pete your Airfix Bofor is indeed eligible :thumbsup:  As would the SA-2 were you able to find and afford one if rumours of their current asking price amongst collectors is true! :blink2:

Well, I hadn't realised that ground-based systems were eligible! I have a whole range of AA guns, both towed (some with tractors, some not) and self-propelled.

But I'd still be focusing on aircraft. As well as the Hasegawa F-106 I've committed to, I am seriously considering the F-89 Scorpion as well. I have both an Academy (Hobbycraft) -J, and a Revell -D/-J to hand. Both look very tempting ...

Edited by klr
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, klr said:

Well, I hadn't realised that ground-based systems were eligible! I have a whole range of AA guns, both towed (some with tractors, some not) and self-propelled.

But I'd still be focusing on aircraft. As well as the Hasegawa F-106 I've committed to, I am seriously considering the F-89 Scorpion as well. I have both an Academy (Hobbycraft) -J, and a Revell -D/-J to hand. Both look very tempting ...

Any weapon designed and employed to intercept and shoot down air and space craft is good for this GB :) Designs which were proposed but did not make it into service are also eligible.

The F-89 and F-106 will make for an interesting comparison - two very different aircraft designed for the same task within a few years of each other.

• Like 1

On 27/08/2020 at 10:44, Chrisj2003 said:

I’m in my first GB with the Vietnam one. Assuming that shows I can finish models in time I’ll join this GB.  It’ll be something from a FIS, probably in ADC gray.  Chris 

Going with the Academy F-89J in the kit Iowa ANG markings. 

Chris

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Chrisj2003 said:

Going with the Academy F-89J in the kit Iowa ANG markings. 

Chris

Sounds as if you're enjoying the GBs Chris :) 

7 hours ago, Chrisj2003 said:

Col, yes thanks, tho my progress on the RB-57E is glacially slow.  Going oob for this GB. 

Chris

Cool subject choice and one that deserves patient attention to get correct ;) 

5 hours ago, Stefan Buysse said:

Hi,

I'd like to participate with a 1/48 Spitfire Mk I, a really early one from No 19 Sqn in 1938.

I'll use the Eduard kit which is pretty much an invitation to build one of the early Spitfires.

Cheers, Stefan.

Quite right to take advantage of the opportunity Stefan :) 

59 minutes ago, neilfergylee said:

Please count me in!

Consider yourself, one of us. Consider yourself, one of the family 😁

• Haha 2