Interceptors GB Chat

Col.

3 hours ago, helios16v said:

I've been planning an F-4 of some variety for the past few months.....but I'm getting an itch to build something red.  :hmmm:

Red you say - any further clues? Or are you open to suggestions :wicked:

Just now, Col. said:

Red you say - any further clues? Or are you open to suggestions :wicked:

I've got options...just not going to narrow it down right yet.  Had a MiG-25PD that just landed today...but there is also a -31 that would be perfect as well.  Less interceptor, more fighter...I've got MiG-21 & -23 options.  We'll see what actually comes out of the closet come Nov 14th.  If I can't make a decision...then it'll be a roll of the dice between whichever is vying most for my attention.  :D 

If the beginning of the year isn't too cramped for GBs, perhaps I'll try sneak a second one in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, helios16v said:

I've got options...just not going to narrow it down right yet.  Had a MiG-25PD that just landed today...but there is also a -31 that would be perfect as well.  Less interceptor, more fighter...I've got MiG-21 & -23 options.  We'll see what actually comes out of the closet come Nov 14th.  If I can't make a decision...then it'll be a roll of the dice between whichever is vying most for my attention.  :D 

If the beginning of the year isn't too cramped for GBs, perhaps I'll try sneak a second one in.

Mmm MiG-25 :wub: Ahem, not that I'm trying to sway your decision or anything ;) 

That's my current third choice within my own stash behind the Tu-128 and a Hawker Fury.

• Like 2

I don't know, I would be tempted by Trumeter's Flagon, but also a nice BF 109G, or a nice Macchi 202 that was in my city, but I should also start Eduard's P-51, Attention! Eduard's Mig 19 comes out next month which was in the city ............ in short, I will decide at the right time because I am very confused at the moment

Ettore :hmmm:............:bye:

Edited by Ettore
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Ettore said:

I don't know, I would be tempted by Trumeter's Flagon, but also a nice BF 109G, or a nice Macchi 202 that was in the city, but I should also start Eduard's P-51, Attention! Eduard's Mig 19 comes out next month which was in the city ............ in short, I will decide at the right time because I am very confused at the moment

There is a very simple and elegant solution...  :wicked:

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, reini said:

Did I already choose? Can't remember. No harm in choosing again, right? I am currently looking at:

Meng 1/72 F-106 Delta Dart

AModel 1/72 Yak-25K/S

Hobbycraft 1/72 CF-100 Canuck

The Yak-25K/S gets my vote with the CF-100 coming a close second as subjects but suspect the Hobbycraft kit will offer a far less stressful project than the AModel one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Col. said:

but suspect the Hobbycraft kit will offer a far less stressful project than the AModel one.

Controversial statement.  Even with good decals and a Obscureco set, I personally would not dare to build  Hobbycraft.  Each model has its own problems, but the Yak-25 at least exactly matches the drawings published to date. In addition, the model CF-100 has a some number of problematic moments.

As, for my models show 

in decreasing order of quality and accuracy.

3 hours ago, reini said:

Meng 1/72 F-106 Delta Dart

AModel 1/72 Yak-25K/S

Hobbycraft 1/72 CF-100 Canuck

B.R.

Serge 

• Like 3

Sorry guys, I was bit unclear - that was not a list from which I choose, but a rather a list that I have chosen (for now) to be built. All of them. In a true Enzo fashion :P

...but gotta go back to my cave and build couple of MiG's before that :D

And thanks for the insight on the kits, Yak-25 looks bit intimidating but nice to know it look like a real thing.

Bit of a bummer was that I realized that the CF-100 is Mk.4B, I was hoping to do a Belgian machine but they were Mk.5 which didn't have the guns. Im not sure whether the gun ports were just filled over or was the whole belly shape different (not to mention another possible differences) but I'll have to do some research on that.

• Like 2

not mentioning anyones name in particular.......... but there maybe a shortage of ICM MiG-25's!!!:D

They've bought a couple(??) but that may just be the start as they like to buy multiples/different versions of the same aircraft... as if their stash isn't big enough already.  :bleh: 

...and of course this is not me...I haven't got one yet, currently I've got a AGM MiG-31 on the starting blocks for this one.............but might look at a 25...........now if they did one in 1/32nd!!!!!!  😊

Can see I'm gonna need a bigger shelf!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, reini said:

Bit of a bummer was that I realized that the CF-100 is Mk.4B, I was hoping to do a Belgian machine but they were Mk.5 which didn't have the guns. Im not sure whether the gun ports were just filled over or was the whole belly shape different (not to mention another possible differences) but I'll have to do some research on that.

In this topic

http://scalemodels.ru/modules/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29162&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

was technicall manual, but link on rapidshare is broken. As far as I remember, the technical manual CF-100 answers many questions.

B.R.

Serge

• Like 2

6 hours ago, trickyrich said:

not mentioning anyones name in particular.......... but there maybe a shortage of ICM MiG-25's!!!:D

They've bought a couple(??) but that may just be the start as they like to buy multiples/different versions of the same aircraft... as if their stash isn't big enough already.  :bleh: 

...and of course this is not me...I haven't got one yet, currently I've got a AGM MiG-31 on the starting blocks for this one.............but might look at a 25...........now if they did one in 1/32nd!!!!!!  😊

Can see I'm gonna need a bigger shelf!

We both know who you're refering to but, morr to the point, what's with this lack of MiG-25 in your own stash!?! :o

4 hours ago, Aardvark said:

In this topic

http://scalemodels.ru/modules/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29162&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

was technicall manual, but link on rapidshare is broken. As far as I remember, the technical manual CF-100 answers many questions.

B.R.

Serge

Nice one Serge. On the case there :thumbsup:

36 minutes ago, wimbledon99 said:

Hi Col, Would a Beaufighter qualify (I've just bought a 1:32 on a whim and need a reason to build it)? If so, I'll tentatively add my name (dependent on the progress of committed GB's) :frantic:

The nightfighter ones certainly do :wub:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, reini said:

Sorry guys, I was bit unclear - that was not a list from which I choose, but a rather a list that I have chosen (for now) to be built. All of them. In a true Enzo fashion :P

:thumbsup:  

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, wimbledon99 said:

Quick question re. the Beaufighter: Quickboost offer 2 types of exhaust for this kit. Does anyone know which is the correct one for the nightfighter build??

Had a look to find 32-052 and -058 representing the tube and tapered style 'porcupine' exhausts. If nobody else knows and can tell us in the meantime which is suitable for the Beau Night Fighter I'll dig out my reference books and have a read :) 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Ray B. said:

Flankers? I have Su-27, -33, and -35S kits in hand, and that -35S calls to me every time I see it on the shelf.

Formally interceptor it's Su-27P which was in service IAP PVO, but after the collapse of the USSR, the air defense and the air force united, so everything was mixed.  Su-33s were intended more for air defense, but now some of them are multipurpose.

B.R.

Serge

• Like 2