Interceptors GB Chat

Col.

2 hours ago, LostCosmonauts said:

Thanks, I’ve an ongoing project of 3D modelling & printing British interceptor designs that got canned in the infamous defence White Paper so will probably do one or two of those for this (as long as doing some of the work digitally is ok?)

Your 3D modelling and printing projects are most welcome. Personally I'm of the opinion this represents a growing future for model making so have no problems seeing it happen in this GB :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/25/2019 at 10:26 PM, vppelt68 said:

Really? I think they are a definite "plus" for the kit :rofl2:

This is actually a hole for a  with a cross tip screwdriver !

103080_82.jpg

Just spin the insignia !

😉😁😁

B.R.

Serge

P.S.

While you are discussing and choosing interceptors, I already started my interceptor!
20191225-175308.jpg

😁😁😁

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Andwil said:

I have a couple of Airfix Lightnings in the stash so I’d like to join the fun with at least one of them.

AW

I like the sound of that plan :D

2 hours ago, IanHx said:

Nobody suggesting this classic British interceptor ?  :)

41Z9DGTCQ6L.jpg

He even has the first letter of the word "England" written at the bottom.....but for some reason the truth is in Russian "A" from "Англия"!

... and some kind of strange roundels....this are really classic British interceptor?

😁😁

B.R.

Serge

9 minutes ago, Aardvark said:

He even has the first letter of the word "England" written at the bottom.....but for some reason the truth is in Russian "A" from "Англия"!

... and some kind of strange roundels....this are really classic British interceptor?

😁😁

B.R.

Serge

Spectrum was a global organisation, and at least one Angel Interceptor seemed to break up every few episodes,  so I cannot rule out the possibility that they were made by either Lancia or Moskovich :)

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, IanHx said:

Nobody suggesting this classic British interceptor ?  :)

41Z9DGTCQ6L.jpg

It has been discussed yes.

22 minutes ago, IanHx said:

Spectrum was a global organisation, and at least one Angel Interceptor seemed to break up every few episodes,  so I cannot rule out the possibility that they were made by either Lancia or Moskovich :)

Sounds like British Leyland at its 'best'.

• Like 1

Postie has just banished those post-Christmas/pre-birthday blues by delivering what will likely be my subject for this GB - Special Hobby's Meteor NF.12. :D

SH72360_2.jpg?t=1573989224

Now what markings to do it in? :hmmm:

Edited by Wez
speelung
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, IanHx said:

possibility that they were made by either Lancia or Moskovich :)

Do you really think that it was produced at the

AZLK (Likhachev Automobile Plant) in Moscow, where did Moskvich

800px-Orange_Moskvich_2140.jpg

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moskvitch_2140

do it?  I think that for the purpose of conspiracy they did it at the ZAZ (Zaporizhzhya Automobile Plant) where they did Zaporozhets

800px-Red_ZAZ-968_at_OMMMA_2011_Impressi

https://ru.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/ЗАЗ-968

or even at the LUAZ (Lutsk Automobile Plant) where they did LUAZ

62f4f5534e58cc423f278778073f6c25.jpg

https://www.kolesa.ru/article/letjaschie-po-vode-sekretnye-miniamfibii-sovetskoj-armii-2016-03-11

800px-LuAZ-969_in_Moscow_museum_of_trans

https://ru.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/ЛуАЗ-969

!

😉😁😁

B.R.

Serge

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Wez said:

Postie has just banished those post-Christmas/pre-birthday blues by delivering what will likely be my subject for this GB - Special Hobby's Meteor NF.12. :D

Now what markings to do it in? :hmmm:

What choices do you get?

3 hours ago, Wez said:

SH72360_2.jpg?t=1573989224

Mine arrived about twenty minutes ago!  :yahoo:  However, unlike Wez I don't have the self-discipline needed to leave it in The Stash until the GB starts.  :fraidnot:  I'll probably have to do a test build on it...  y'know, to get my hand in...   and then get another for the GB. 

19 hours ago, Col. said:

What choices do you get?

In the kit you get 25, 46 and 64 Sqns but courtesy of Modeldecal I also have options for 29, 72, 152, 153 and 264 Sqns too!

18 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

However, unlike Wez I don't have the self-discipline needed to leave it in The Stash until the GB starts.  :fraidnot: 

Self discipline my left buttock!  It's the imposed discipline of having a degree to finish, I really don't want to have to pay my sponsorship fees back to my employer!

Naturally, I'll follow your build, I'll be interested in seeing how people tackle the widening of the forward wing root for the cut out on the upper wing.

Edited by Wez
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Wez said:

In the kit you get 25, 46 and 64 Sqns but courtesy of Modeldecal I also have options for 72, 152, 153 and 264 Sqns too!

Sounds as if you need a few copies of this kit Wez ;) 

4 minutes ago, Wez said:

...Naturally, I'll follow your build, I'll be interested in seeing how people tackle the widening of the forward wing root for the cut out on the upper wing.

Alas you'll likely have to wait 'til Enzo has finished and does a mass-upload to catch-up with his progress going down that route :lol: 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Wez said:

:hmmm:I'd never thought of that :whistle:

Now you can blame me for putting ideas in your head. Plus, it'd be a waste of money to have all those unused decal options ;) 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

However, unlike Wez I don't have the self-discipline needed to leave it in The Stash until the GB starts.  :fraidnot:  I'll probably have to do a test build on it...  y'know, to get my hand in...   and then get another for the GB. 

There are two of us!  As I wrote before,

19 hours ago, Aardvark said:

I already started my interceptor!
20191225-175308.jpg

😁😁😁

I started my interceptor!😎😁

But You don't recognize this interceptor🤔....because l started from scratchbuilding details! 😎Yes it's no manufacturing details:😎

20191220-030851.jpg

20191220-030915.jpg

this look poor, but in  intake deep You almost don't see this turbofan!😉😁

B.w. about intake, hand made wooden file on up photo  for him:

20191214-121748.jpg

20191214-121758.jpg

20191214-121808.jpg

!

So, gentlemen spin the roulette, 😉 guess the interceptor!😋😎

B.R.

Serge

P.S.

B.w. this type auto was my first car:

7 hours ago, Aardvark said:

Moskvich

800px-Orange_Moskvich_2140.jpg

after which I prefer municipal  transport .... because when I first got into the cab of such a car, I crashed into a metal fence.....I was then 14 years old....🤗😁

• Haha 3

On 12/27/2019 at 9:32 PM, Aardvark said:

So, gentlemen spin the roulette, 😉 guess the interceptor!😋😎

Nobody wants to spin the roulette and guess the prize interceptor?  Everyone guess the new Airfix in the topic?  

😉😁😁

O.K.next  clue!

20191229-121119.jpg
20191229-121132.jpg
20191229-121153.jpg
20191229-121214.jpg

This is not an original part from model! 🤗 The original detail was lost 😥 in the old army way, the name of which I will not give, because it has obscene meaning in Russian, in the English model language they usually speak of a carpet monster who eats all the details that have fallen down, but I threw out the carpet!

But I think my scratchbuilding part close to original then manufacturing part.

So, gentleman, Who will guess this interceptor?

Prize ticket to Siberia to clean there Siberian snow!😁😁

In ticket to Siberia  including many free snow, 

comfortable rooms in Siberia

245797189.jpg

and also the opportunity to participate in local theatrical performances:

😁😁

No????

Nobody wants to play this quiz?  I am upset 😂and go away to do the model further!

😁😁

B.R.

Serge

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Aardvark said:

Nobody wants to spin the roulette and guess the prize interceptor?

So, gentleman, Who will guess this interceptor?

Nobody wants to play this quiz?  I am upset 😂and go away to do the model further!

Don't know what you're working on but that new 'stick is looking good. Nice work.

Hmm, La-15?

• Like 1

hmmm the shape of the intake is what gets me......not your usual "flying drainpipe" style fuselage I bet.

1, So the intake trunks lead me to think the intake are either side of the fuselage and not a centre one.

2, Single engine

3, Odd shape stick so 60's or earlier????

a Myasishchev M-17 Stratofera would be great to see but the intake and dates wouldn't work, plus I think it was meant to be a purely Recon bird.

That intake shape is throwing me otherwise I would have said an early Lavochkin as well.

Guess no vacation to Siberia for me....would have been nice to leave the smoke and +40C weather!!!

• Haha 2

@trickyrich good try!

There is a certain logic in Your reasoning, but I'm afraid being carried away by the details You made a mistake with the main line!

......Myasishchev M-17 Stratofera...Lavochkin....

what will happen if I say that this poor part simulating a turbofan: 

On 12/27/2019 at 9:32 PM, Aardvark said:

20191220-030851.jpg

20191220-030915.jpg

should depict a British jet engine!?

😉😁😎

Of course, I could further confuse the tracks by posting such pictures:

mig23pd-i.jpg

e8-i.jpg

sn-i.jpg

p1sukhoy-1.jpg

refuting the allegation about:

33 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

usual "flying drainpipe" style fuselage

but then it would delay someone’s trip to Siberia!

😉😁😁

B.w. this statement wrong:

35 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

Myasishchev M-17 Stratofera would be great to see but the intake and dates wouldn't work, plus I think it was meant to be a purely Recon bird.

Myasishchev M-17 Stratosfera it's not Recon bird, it's specific interceptor for balloons! 😉😋🤗

B.R.

Serge 

P.S.

38 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

would have been nice to leave the smoke and +40C weather!!!

By local standards, there is an abnormal spring weather here, something around +5С, however, I remember when it rained on New Year's...