Interceptors GB Chat

Col.

1 hour ago, reini said:

'Ultimate Interceptor' - I've got Meng F-106 that would be perfect for this. Sign me up! :)

A perfect subject for this GB indeed @reiniNow so long as we continue through the November vote you'll have the opportunity to build it :) 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Erwin said:

I have this in the pile...

104010-10244-pristine.jpg

That would be perfect so long as you build it in 'figher trim' without any bombload Erwin :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Col. said:

That would be perfect so long as you build it in 'figher trim' without any bombload Erwin :)

That was the idea.

As it was for the Me 262 from the start too.

Untill Hitler decided to turn it into a bomber !

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Erwin said:

That was the idea.

As it was for the Me 262 from the start too.

Untill Hitler decided to turn it into a bomber !

Cool :D

Edited by Col.

On 11/11/2019 at 18:30, reini said:

'Ultimate Interceptor' - I've got Meng F-106 that would be perfect for this. Sign me up! :)

I have one of those in The Stash.  I'm looking forward to seeing yours built.

4 hours ago, Kallisti said:

Would either an Angel Interceptor from Captain Scarlet or a Moonbase Interceptor for UFO count? :)

Hmm, fictional 'Sci-fi' interceptors, why not :) Not previously given any thought to 'What-if's. If anyone wants to tackle the paper projects that didn't make it off the drawing board and fictional subject from film and TV then that's cool but the same rules apply.

1 hour ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Or one of these...

spacer.png

Right Enzo, if you build it I'll allow it :rolleyes:

On 10/16/2019 at 8:37 PM, Col. said:

anything designed and/or used to intercept air and space craft is eligible; so aircraft, missiles, anti-aircraft artillery are all good

lazernaya-ukazka-green-laser-pointer-303

😉

😲👹

B.R.

Serge

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Would a Meteor NF.12 fall into the scope of this GB?

It was a nightfighter so, as @Wezsays, yes it would. Anything used in the nightfighter role gets an automatic entry to this GB :) 

21 hours ago, Col. said:

It was a nightfighter so, as @Wezsays, yes it would. Anything used in the nightfighter role gets an automatic entry to this GB :) 

:thumbsup:  That was my concern as it was a nightfighter rather than an interceptor.  I'm hoping the Special Hobby kit will be available in time for this GB.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

:thumbsup:  That was my concern as it was a nightfighter rather than an interceptor.  I'm hoping the Special Hobby kit will be available in time for this GB.

It would be good if they were are the rumours say they aren't too far away. Bound to be better than battering the ancient Matchbox kit into submission.

1 hour ago, vppelt68 said:

Brewster B.239 a.k.a Pylly-Valtteri or Taivaanhelmi any good for this? I'm close to purchasing this combo set, and they'd be good split between this and the Me 109 :coolio: STGB.

image_view

Both types were used to intercept enemy aircraft, yes? In which case all good :D 

5 minutes ago, Col. said:

Both types were used to intercept enemy aircraft, yes? In which case all good :D 

"During the Continuation War, Lentolaivue 24 (Fighter Squadron 24) was equipped with the B-239s until May 1944... ...This squadron claimed a total of 459 Soviet aircraft with B-239s, while losing 15 Buffalos in combat." (Wikipedia)

Intercept they did indeed.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

"During the Continuation War, Lentolaivue 24 (Fighter Squadron 24) was equipped with the B-239s until May 1944... ...This squadron claimed a total of 459 Soviet aircraft with B-239s, while losing 15 Buffalos in combat." (Wikipedia)

Intercept they did indeed.

459 to 15? That's over 30 to 1!?!

• Like 3

Definitely in for this one, all studies will be finished, I can finally go back to enjoying life!

Plenty in the stash that fits the bill, plenty of time to choose!

• Like 1