Interceptors GB Chat

Col.

5 hours ago, theplasticsurgeon said:

I'm in for this,

Two F-15 Eagles (A and C),  an F-4D-1 Skyray,  and Tornado F3 to choose from.

Each and every one of them a great option. The 'Ford' Skyray get my vote for rarity factor but also a fan of both the ADV Tornado and the Eagle :speak_cool:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Looks like we'll have ourselves a group build before to long @Col. . This should be fun if it passes the gunfight in November.

Fingers crossed we make the vote Dennis. I'm thinking this one could bring out some great models and a few less common subjects as well :thumbsup:

11 hours ago, dnl42 said:

This sounds fun!

I have a 1/35 CWIS that I would build for this.

Excellent! What system do you have in mind?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, dnl42 said:

Flagship Models' CIWS kit with Master Models' spiffy brass M61.

I had heard there once was a ship in the USN that painted one of its CIWS to look like R2-D2 ? They did that because supposedly the CIWS's nickname was/is R2-D2 with a gun. Not that I'm recommending you paint it up like R2-D2. Just a funny story i had heard once. 

• Haha 3

Anyone else up for this one? Was in my local model shop during Saturday and noticed a few eligible kits; Tamiya's 48th scale Crusader Mk.III "Anti-aircraft tank" along with Dragon's 35th scale Flakpanzer IV Wirbelwind and their 6th scale British Bren Gun w/Anti-Aircraft Tripod. There's a few potential options but I'm sure plenty more exist ;)

• Like 1

I have a couple of Lightnings I(EE that is not the modern pretender) n the stash, which need an incentive to commence building, So I would be up for this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

@Col. now that the "ground based interception" has grown in its significance in this GB you might be able to trawl a name or two (EDIT: actually 4!) from the Flak Alley GB- proposal.

Anyone is most welcome to join in the fun and any ground or water based interception systems will make for an interesting comparison to their airborne equivalents. If anyone wants to model an F-15 ASAT that's cool as well :speak_cool:

1 hour ago, Paul821 said:

I have a couple of Lightnings I(EE that is not the modern pretender) n the stash, which need an incentive to commence building, So I would be up for this.

Lightnings are always most welcome to any GB we can fit them in my opinion :wub:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/10/2019 at 1:01 PM, PhantomBigStu said:

seeing as I have the esci ASAT eagle boxing in the stash I shall also enter it.......

I didn't realise ESCI did an ASAT Eagle, remembered the Hasegawa one but guess they're very rare now, must have a look for that ESCI one... :hmmm:

On 6/23/2019 at 11:37 AM, Mottlemaster said:

Please put my name down for this G/B

Probably the Meng Me 163B Komet. I will not be doing the float plane version as that wasnt an interceptor :)

Cheers

Alistair

The Me163 certainly was an interceptor in perhaps the purest form. The float equiped version, as you say, is another matter entirely :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

Add me to the list Col. Plenty of suitable in the stash. 

With great pleasure :D 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, nimrod54 said:

Kindly add me to the list for this one Col.

Done :D Welcome along. Any thoughts on a particular subject?

23 hours ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

I was originally going to keep out of this one, but a quick check of the stash shows some eligible kits; F-14, F-15, Tornado F.3 and Mirage III

So add me to the list.

Job done Ray :D Liking the sound of the Mirage III most of all but plenty good choices :speak_cool:

3 hours ago, Panther II said:

Would a Ki-61 hien work?

Yes! Yes it would :thumbsup: