Tamiya 1/16 Luftwaffe pilot.////Finished//////////

Hi folk's,must have spent an hour in the LMS trying to think of something for this GB,as expected the Provost was out of stock and aircraft wise I just didn't fancy what was on offer

given the time limit(I reckon over the Sunday/Monday I might get 4-6 hour's where I can get up into the loft).I'd alway's wondered what these kit's were like so although I'm not by any

means a figure painter I grabbed this one for just over £7 after discount so if it goes pear shaped it's only the price of a couple of pint's.Photo's as soon as Flickr is back online

20190523_124810 

IMG-20190523-WA0003

Edited by stevej60
Add Photo.
  • Like 6

Morning folk's well here goes a nine start after removing most part's from the sprue.As you can see I do like a good Breakfast!

20190526_090018

On the hour as you can see the figure is assembled  and  cleaned up the join's,applied the base colour's 

20190526_095836

Having to call it a day  at 10:45 (sorry my clock can be confusing) doesn't look much different but detailed the part's of the lifejacket molded onto the figure

and put a wash in the detailing also started to shade the head,Flickr hopefully is now fixed so I can go back to larger photo's for the rest.See you at nine tomorrow!

20190526_104826

• Like 4

3 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Morning folk's well here goes a nine start after removing most part's from the sprue.As you can see I do like a good Breakfast!

20190526_090018

On the hour as you can see the figure is assembled  and  cleaned up the join's,applied the base colour's 

20190526_095836

Having to call it a day  at 10:45 (sorry my clock can be confusing) doesn't look much different but detailed the part's of the lifejacket molded onto the figure

and put a wash in the detailing also started to shade the head,Flickr hopefully is now fixed so I can go back to larger photo's for the rest.See you at nine tomorrow!

20190526_104826

Wow that’s brilliant but Steve you won’t grow big and strong with that breakfast...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

You must be finished by now Steve.  

Sadly no HB.sat at work on lunch break back to it at nine in the morning!

• Sad 1

Morning folk's,really pushed today I reckon I have about two hour's max this morning and I'm late starting so here we are just after nine.

20190527_090619

All's well and really only the head need's doing and a bit more tidying up here and there.

20190527_103404

IMG-20190527-WA0000

And the expected problem arrived! Now I'm not accusing Tamiya of a little "enhancement" you just have to look at his cap to see how nicely

they've molded this kit but the Iron Cross despite looking superb on the rear of the box is really just a blob on the kit,combined with my paint

skill's it looked awful the three times I had to paint it so using my flexi filler I thought why not give him a silk scarf much beloved by those

"Rakish" Luftwaffe pilot's,anyway that's it for now It'll be tonight before I can resume for a nine finish.

20190527_103315

• Like 3

Hi Folk's finished and in the gallery,well done to everyone taking part see you for the next one!

Oh by the way Tamiya did get it right it seem's the figure is molded with a shirt and tie,the Iron Cross is on the sprue with the Oxygen hose etc!

20190527_195041

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 3