Tiny, Tan, Tank - Tamiya Pz II DAK

Dave_R

Hi All,

I'm back for more and ready to go.  I'm aiming to start Saturday 9 am. 

I've done the sprue shots already to save a couple of minutes of build time.

-MqLPZP9RbXuFGhnDWZbDnDqN0ypQPMhfm4ANKIR

LE4IVWRpKSrBx4ocaGxjasOxP9AlOsq4MvospgaF

vgiZyJGSznAd_BePu80CyBcxQrcsS-2ZarsfF215

It looks as if will be fairly straight forward and I'll be finishing it as a vehicle of the 21st Panzer Division of the DAK. I can't wait to get started.

Dave.

• Like 6

Another good shout Dave and a brave choice of scale for the time allowed  but looking at the part's it make's perfect sense.

11 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Another good shout Dave and a brave choice of scale for the time allowed  but looking at the part's it make's perfect sense.

I think so - only 5 construction steps, I should be able to get it built by lunchtime and then primed and painted by teatime - or not? - we shall see.

1 hour ago, Jinxman said:

Wow, lots of plastic there - good luck!

Thanks - for a tank kit it doesn't get any simpler and and I'm on a bit of a roll with tanks at the moment - *roll* do see what I did there - I'll get me coat.

Dave.

• Like 1

Hi All,

The construction phase is complete.

4-HhBQUvuGaCvS9b6ZY4xf9f_HmnXJbhhSqYO5rY

WE25Y04hoHm3Qb-0XFfsqVQMeVgU_yz7G-ks5KFH

WE25Y04hoHm3Qb-0XFfsqVQMeVgU_yz7G-ks5KFH

I had to drill out both gun barrels - which were pretty bad to begin with and there were a lot of seam lines to clean up - signs of the kits 1971 vintage.

I'll do a bit more cleaning up and then prime it.

For now coffee and biscuits and short break.

Dave.

• Like 7

Great stuff - I am sitting here rubbing my chin and thinking I might do an AFV next time around.

Are you going to do much weathering on it?

Hi All,

This where I left off tonight.

6XUOcJysrZTY8tWyNcJuGpMTBJrCcYfe9KdkpoGK

Tracks are on, the gun barrels are painted and I've started on the tools, exhaust and spare track..

It's gone as well as could be expected today - so tomorrow I may have time to do the commander figure and install it on a base.

Dave. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jinxman said:

Great stuff - I am sitting here rubbing my chin and thinking I might do an AFV next time around.

Are you going to do much weathering on it?

Yeah give it go - in my opinion you don't save your self any work by going for a smaller scale, at the end of day it's the same number of wheels, tools and other bits you have to paint and bigger is easier.  Tamiya is your first choice for easy builds, look for a low parts count and rubber band tracks for speed.

I'm not much good at weathering - I've few reliable tricks that I'll use - a very diluted oil paint that I'll run in to all nooks and crannies to simulate oil and grease, a dusting with a weathering power to simulate dust and for a muddy look mix I'll the power with thinners and dollop on.

Dave.

• Like 2

And il have to leave here as that’s 12 hours since I first touched off. RLM 78 for African aircraft and early RLM sandgelb 79a with half mottled RLM 80. These paints are very good for brush painting.

47931545458_700d9ac607_b.jpg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dave_R said:

erm...

I like your build but perhaps you should re-post it your thread 😀

I wondered where it went, I thought I’d imagined it lol. You got me all excited with your sandgelbbrauns 

sorry, just thought you needed a bit of air cover of your Rommel style speed advance 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi All,

Done - phew!

HvwcahXxjWd2SSmfzd5uM40Fus3vE7r3mRjKUke0

EBj9_DgCPVMzrljVS3fcgrbyMCqh9OhIdN2vj1IF

J6a10C7c2XT-c3RDo7Bf3agkkNVpX2KMhfCB31VU

0knLiTAR6kvGn5I_ZKOvrZZB2mlZw5A9OKHWdJB7

I had a bit of time to spare today - so that means the logical choice for the next blitz build is a Pz III, roll on august.

Gallery pics to follow - maybe tomorrow.

Dave.

• Like 4