This is the Hasegawa kit, from the late 80's i think of an unusual NASA prototype. There wasn't many parts so most of the assembly was just a few hours, and hardly any filler at all. 

Grumman X-29

Grumman X-29

Grumman X-29

• Like 25

That looks a fine job. Especially with the decals. How were they? I have found old Hasegawa decals reluctant to leave the backing sheet.

After seeing that I really musr get around to doing mine. I started but put it away when I found the rear part (strakes?) before the elevator was warped and reluctant to straighten.

John

That's a really nice looking X-29!  Tidy build and great smooth finish 

6 hours ago, John R said:

That looks a fine job. Especially with the decals. How were they?

Exactly what I was going to ask!  I have one in the stash and am torn between struggling with the Hasegawa decals or going with a What-if scheme

1 hour ago, Ratch said:

Give us a clue what scale it is

Yes i forgot to mention its 1/72 

7 hours ago, John R said:

That looks a fine job. Especially with the decals. How were they? I have found old Hasegawa decals reluctant to leave the backing sheet.

After seeing that I really musr get around to doing mine. I started but put it away when I found the rear part (strakes?) before the elevator was warped and reluctant to straighten.

John

Parts on this were OK, non warped. Decal sheet looked very good for age as it everything was still sealed up in factory bags when i got it.  Most decals came straight off  with no problem, but a couple of the longer stripes needed an extra soak and a little gentle persuasion in a small area to leave the backing sheet

Edited by MikeyJ
  • Like 1